Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

Shimano Dura Ace 25th Anniversary Rear Hub

Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Old 01-12-21, 03:42 PM
bOsscO
bOsscO

Bikes: 2015 Norco Search S1, 2012 Cervelo R5, 93 Mongoose IBOC COMP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked 178 Times in 105 Posts

I had a rear wheel built up many years ago and the builder used a 25th Anniversary edition DA rear hub for the build.
Long story short I sold the bike long ago but still have the rear wheel with this hub. Any ideas what it's worth?
I'll try to take a picture later and post it up.
Old 01-12-21, 06:29 PM
bOsscO
bOsscO

It's maybe got 1,000km on it.
Old 01-15-21, 12:35 PM
bOsscO
bOsscO

Anyone?
Old 01-15-21, 12:50 PM
masi61

Bikes: Puch Marco Polo, Saint Tropez, Masi Gran Criterium

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 689 Post(s)
Liked 126 Times in 94 Posts
The only way to gauge is through completed auctions?

‘The fact that the hub is built up could lower the value very slightly or be fine dependent on the quality/desirability factor of the specific build.

I’ve seen occasional used 7700 25th anniversary components sell for the past couple years on eBay. Folks who are not perfectionists and who heavily use their gear should stick to utility grade components.

‘The finish on the 25th anniversary parts is more of a high polish and having the used hub have minimal booboos enhances the value. The bite marks in the titanium freehub body lowers the value slightly.

I believe that version of 7700 freehub has a titanium axle which makes it a bit lighter than stock.

Also being an orphan wheel lowers its value. Even if the old front rim got trashed for some reason, folks are going to want the correct matching front hub. If you can provide that, your selling price increases.

To sell the existing wheel you should state the number and pattern of the spokes and some specifics about the rim (clincher?,tubular?) that it is laced to.

How much are you thinking of asking?
Likes For masi61:
Old 01-15-21, 04:47 PM
bOsscO
bOsscO

Thanks for your comments masi61
I don't think I would sell it. However I'm considering either getting the wheel unlaced so I can give the hub back to the fellow who built me the wheel (I think he may still be around and have the rest of the 25th anniversary gruppo) or keeping it as a back-up wheel for my nice bike.
I was just curious how much it would be worth.
Old 01-22-21, 02:02 PM
masi61

Bikes: Puch Marco Polo, Saint Tropez, Masi Gran Criterium

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 689 Post(s)
Liked 126 Times in 94 Posts
Originally Posted by bOsscO View Post
Thanks for your comments masi61
I don't think I would sell it. However I'm considering either getting the wheel unlaced so I can give the hub back to the fellow who built me the wheel (I think he may still be around and have the rest of the 25th anniversary gruppo) or keeping it as a back-up wheel for my nice bike.
I was just curious how much it would be worth.
Un-lacing it to give it back to the guy who has the rest of the 25th anniversary set would be a nice gesture. Did you have the correct skewer and how scratched is it? Unfortunately, polished silver anodized parts like this really get scratched quite easily.
If you sold that wheel, as is on eBay, I suppose you could get anywhere from say, $75 for it up to whatever the highest bidder will pay. Maybe as high as $200?