Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Suntour Superbe Pro 8 speed

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-21, 09:17 AM
DOS

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 56 Posts
Suntour Superbe Pro 8 speed

A friend of mine recently put modern components on his 80s road bike and is offering me the superbe pro groupset he replaced. I would love to put the components on my Schwinn Paramount, replacing the mix of 70s and 80s campy and shimano components I cobbled together when I bought the frame years ago. I want to pay a fair price, but the numbers I am seeing on ebay and elsewhere are all over the map, and in some cases way higher than I would be willing to pay. Any thoughts on fair price for components in the pics (except the cinelli bars and stem, which I don’t need) would be appreciated. Everything is in good condition except the hoods on the levers, which are shot. My friend also has the cranks and BB, but I dont need those because I already have superbe pro cranks on the bike.

Old 01-17-21, 12:44 PM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Does it have the wheelset with it too? If so i would give him $300 for everything, crank in
cluded and not worry about it. That would be a good “friend price” and theen just sell the stuff you dont need on here

im guessing if he upgraded to modern stuff he’d rather not mess around withnickel and diming a piece by piece part out
Old 01-17-21, 02:05 PM
DOS

Originally Posted by DMC707
Does it have the wheelset with it too? If so i would give him $300 for everything, crank in
cluded and not worry about it. That would be a good “friend price” and theen just sell the stuff you dont need on here

im guessing if he upgraded to modern stuff he’d rather not mess around withnickel and diming a piece by piece part out
No wheelset as far as I know.
Old 01-17-21, 05:39 PM
ltokuno

Bikes: Masi, Olmo, Miele, Masi, Masi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 23 Posts
For what's in the pictures, as a package deal, I'd give $80 - $100. I imagine your friend would get much more by selling the parts individually, but that's always the case.
Anyway, nice set of parts.
Old 01-18-21, 12:59 AM
nesteel 

Bikes: See the signature....

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked 191 Times in 114 Posts
$100 barely buys a set of those terrific calipers. Do those shifters go 8speed? With the crank and bb, Id agree with $300 as an okay friend price.
Old 01-21-21, 05:46 AM
DOS

Originally Posted by nesteel
$100 barely buys a set of those terrific calipers. Do those shifters go 8speed? With the crank and bb, Id agree with $300 as an okay friend price.
So am thinking of offering $150 for the derailleurs and brakes in the pic (not including bars, which I don’t need). I will need to replace the hoods on the levers but I did a test and hoods from Shimano 600 levers I have fit pretty well. I told my friend I didn’t need the cranks but am reconsidering because his are in better shape than the ones I have.