Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Feeling the freedom of 2 wheels once again!!!

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-19, 12:25 PM
Fixit
Searching for answers...

Bikes: 1985 Univega Competizione-Pro White; 1981 Schwinn Super Le Tour - Black Sable; 1987 Bianchi Limited-Metallic Celeste; 1972 Nishiki Professional - Green; 2015 Giant Defy Advanced 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Hi all,

I’ve finally gotten up the nerve to engage with all you knowledgeable and at times quite humorous folks. So here goes, I’m from all over the US being a military dependent but didn’t start enjoying bikes until living in Barstow, CA during the mid 70’s.I wish I could remember the type of bike I had, just remember it having knobby tires, stingray style bars and the frame breaking in half over a dirt jump…….I loved that bike. Years passed until I got back on the pedals in 2014 with a Jamis Coda Sport I picked up off craigslist after needing to get back into excising. I spent more at the LBS getting it road worthy than I did on the purchase … but my first day out around the city had me back to two-wheeling with a passion. After a couple of years I invested in a very lightly used road bike (Giant Defy). About 3 years ago one of my neighbors saw me tooling around and invited me into his garage to see if I’d be interested in his 87 Bianchi Limited. He had bought it new, used as his daily commuter and took good care of it but it had been hanging in his garage for the past several years. He wanted a lot more than I could pay at the time, fast forward to Nov of 2018 and we talk again and he offers it at an affordable price because I promised to take good care of it. Getting to know this bike has now taken me down the path of C&V bikes and well,,,,here I am. Learning about bikes from the 80’s and 70’s. Soooooo much fun, trying to figure out each’s history and how to bring out the beauty in each one. Oh and the riding experience is pretty cool too! Looking forward to getting suggestions and opinions from the senior members on upcoming problems I'm sure to encounter...Best wishes!
Old 09-26-19, 01:14 PM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 2,183 Times in 1,185 Posts
Fixit,
Sounds like time was on your side with the Bianchi! As you have already discovered there is a rich history to every brand of cycle....Great to have you joining us on Bike Forum's.
Best, Ben

Voice recognition may sometimes create odd spelling and grammatical errors

Old 09-26-19, 04:10 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 855 Post(s)
Liked 1,448 Times in 824 Posts
Glad to have you joining BF and tripping in the C&V. Careful, it can be addictive. Enjoy and be safe.
Old 09-27-19, 07:11 PM
Fixit
Searching for answers...

Bikes: 1985 Univega Competizione-Pro White; 1981 Schwinn Super Le Tour - Black Sable; 1987 Bianchi Limited-Metallic Celeste; 1972 Nishiki Professional - Green; 2015 Giant Defy Advanced 1

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanks! I've heard tell of a vintage bike ride in the LA area. Do you have any info?
Old 09-27-19, 07:14 PM
Fixit
Searching for answers...

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
delbiker1 - I'm pretty sure I have the n+1 problem growing in my garage. I now have two Bianchi Limited's, an '81 Schwinn Super Le Tour (just finished) and a '72 Nishiki professional waiting in the wings......sheeesh.