Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

New rider from Harrisburg Pa area

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Old 05-12-13, 08:11 AM
wyd

Bikes: 2018 Specialized Roll Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 62 Times in 30 Posts

Hi my name is Brian. I just bought a new Specialized Expedition Sport to get myself back into some riding around our local riding areas. My plan is to get up early in the monring and ride around 3 miles to get my day started and then come back home and have a lite breakfast. My thought is to get my day going and get refreshed before I start my day and go to work. This will be the start of my day and help me loose some weight with a better diet.

I went with the comfort bike as I have a bad back and can't lean over the handlebars like the traditional mountain bikes. One of my friends that I have known from kindergarden owns a bike shop so I met with him and after talking I ended up testing a few different brand comfort bikes. After test riding I ended up with the Specialized Expedition Sport. So this is where I'm at now. Been out riding twice and really like the bike.

Brian
Old 05-12-13, 03:39 PM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Hello Brian, welcome to BF, glad that you chose to join us here. You might want to check in the Regional Forums for your area to see others that want to set up rides and other cycling activities. I'm a multiple back surgery guy and cycling has not been a problem for me at all, even the hardware has not limited my riding any. Surf through the forums and find the ones that best suit your needs and you cycling goals.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13

Old 05-13-13, 03:27 AM
Juha
Formerly Known as Newbie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Hi Brian, welcome to BF!

--J

Who is this General Failure anyway, and why is he reading my drive?

Become a Registered Member in Bike Forums
Community guidelines
Old 05-13-13, 08:13 AM
stevemtbr
Creamy pack filling

Bikes: Trek 8000, Co-Motion tandem, Co-motion Espresso, Yeti Cross, 9Zero7 Fat Bike

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
How is the riding in Harrisburg? Any good off road riding? My son will be working in Fort Indian Town Gap next year. Let me know how the area is. Thanks.
Old 05-20-13, 06:34 AM
wyd

Bikes: 2018 Specialized Roll Elite

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 62 Times in 30 Posts
The Gap Riding areas

Originally Posted by stevemtbr
How is the riding in Harrisburg? Any good off road riding? My son will be working in Fort Indian Town Gap next year. Let me know how the area is. Thanks.
I know lots of people ride around the Gap but it is mainly road bikes I see. I did ride mountain bikes but never checked the area right at The Gap. Lots of people go the Mt Gretna to ride mountain bikes as its probably about 30 minutes of so from The Gap. That is a very nice place to ride and they use to have a Mountain Bike race once a year if I remember correctly. The other place is Stoney Creek in Dauphin PA. It is a hunting area with a 26 mile fire trail but I know they have one fire road that goes up the mountain and across the top and back down a pretty rough area and then back to the main fire trail. It is roughly a 16 mile ride from what I remember doing a long time ago. Area is still used and should be able to find some info on both areas pretty easily.

Thanks for greetings from everyone as well. Appreciate it.

Brian