Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Everett WA commuters...Best route to Boeing

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-05, 10:54 PM
vrkelley
Enjoy

Bikes: Trek 5200

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm considering a job at Boeing in Everett WA. Seems so far...can't find a good bike trail map for that county...Anyone know of a route from the Burke Gillman trail up to Rte 526?
Old 11-01-05, 11:10 PM
wheezl
Commuting Horrorshow

Bikes: Giant OCR3, Decathlon ****box.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vrkelley
I'm considering a job at Boeing in Everett WA. Seems so far...can't find a good bike trail map for that county...Anyone know of a route from the Burke Gillman trail up to Rte 526?

I used to work at Phantomworks... no matter how you get to Boeing... it's always Boring.
Old 11-02-05, 01:10 AM
foggiano
Ciclista

Bikes: Trek 7000

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've never ridden to Boeing, so I don't know a good route, but you can find a decent bike map for Snohomish County here.

If you want a paper version, you can purchase one at the Community Transit RideStore located in the Lynnwood Transit Center, or you can try looking for a free one on a CT bus (I found one last week).
Old 11-02-05, 05:15 PM
vrkelley
Enjoy

Bikes: Trek 5200

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wheezl
I used to work at Phantomworks... no matter how you get to Boeing... it's always Boring.
The interview went well...Do you mean the commute is boring ... or the work itself? A free airplane demo ride! would be cool
Old 11-02-05, 09:33 PM
wheezl
Commuting Horrorshow

Bikes: Giant OCR3, Decathlon ****box.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The interview went well...Do you mean the commute is boring ... or the work itself? A free airplane demo ride! would be cool
Actually my work was really fun, and my immediate team was great. It's just the environment. You take cube hell, multiply it by 1 million, then add countless people with no sense of humor.

I came to the decision that the kind of people who make sure airplanes don't fall out of the sky might tend to be the same ones with no sense of humor.. just a theory

Oh and I spent a good portion of my time working across the street from the Auburn Super Mall. When you decide to jump inthe car with your cowokers to sample the culinary excellence of Federal Way, it's time to start crying
Old 11-06-05, 07:17 PM
cheg

Bikes: 2020 Thompson Randonneur, 2008 Davidson Custom Titanium, 2012 Custom Seven Steel Tandem, 1981 Shogun Touring Bike, 1974 Raleigh International

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Where are you starting? If you can get from the BG trail up to Shoreline there is a very good route on the Interurban Trail that goes from north of Lake Ballinger up to 128th St. in Everett. Then you can go out Airport Road to the Boeing plant. I work down by 128th and I-5 and take this route frequently.

Here is a map of the Interurban trail:
https://www.co.snohomish.wa.us/docume...s/intrurbn.gif

Attached is a satellite picture of the route I use to get from Lake City to 128th St.: