wheezl
Commuting Horrorshow

Bikes: Giant OCR3, Decathlon ****box.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bontrager Racelite Hardcase in Italy?

I have spent a good part of today searching sites in Italy, and futher afield for someplace I can order Bontrager Racelite Hardcase tires. I tried the Bontrager site which does list a few places in Switzerland, though of course that includes anyone who even so much as sells a water bottle holder.

Yeah yeah, I have tried many of the other puncture resistant tires and they all suck. Really they do.

Does anyone know where I might be able to pick some up?

I live in Livorno if by chance there are so many places that sell them that you know of a place close by
Old 06-20-07, 02:25 AM
Squid
Cake or Death

Bikes: 2004 Torelli Gran Sasso, 2005 Bianchi Milano (STOLEN!), 2007 Bianchi Via Nirone 7; Surly 1x1 Beater; 2010 Navaro Fusion

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I recently took a Moby ferry to Livorno and continued on to Florence to go bike shopping. It is about a 2 hour drive from you. They give great service. If they don't carry Bontrager, I'm sure they could help you find a shop that does. The name is Florence By Bike. The number is +39 055 488992.

Good Luck.
Old 06-20-07, 02:28 AM
Cyclist0383
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by wheezl
I have spent a good part of today searching sites in Italy, and futher afield for someplace I can order Bontrager Racelite Hardcase tires. I tried the Bontrager site which does list a few places in Switzerland, though of course that includes anyone who even so much as sells a water bottle holder.

Yeah yeah, I have tried many of the other puncture resistant tires and they all suck. Really they do.

Does anyone know where I might be able to pick some up?

I live in Livorno if by chance there are so many places that sell them that you know of a place close by
Have you contacted the local Trek dealer?

EDIT: Have you tried the offerings from Schawlbe or the Conti Ultra Gator skin? Both of these are very easy to find in Europe.