Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

The Cult of CAAD...

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

The Cult of CAAD...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-16, 05:15 AM
fizzle

Bikes: 2016 Supersix Evo Hi-Mod, 2014 Caad 10, 2010 Bianchi Pista via Condotti. 2009 Kona Zing

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nemeseri
I had the same experience with the 2016 SuperSix frameset. They were out of stock in late January and said no stock until next year models. WTF? I contacted cannondale and they expect a late summer release date for those. So no new supersix for me until then.
Yes I was told the same when I asked for the SS 105 in the silver/black. Most are gone some until midsummer. Unless you really need a bike soon or really dig one of the 2016 colorways I'd wait till 2017.
Old 03-20-16, 05:17 AM
Nhmountainman

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Metieval
Maybe the mistake was your legs? Big/Big is known as cross chaining. Little/little is also cross chaining. Get your Derailleurs adjusted and then quit cross chaining.
Edit: or swap your 52 chainring for a 46t chainring to match you other bike. I say keep the 52 and start doing some squats everyday.
I've not owned a bike where I cannot use 4 of the gears. Especially with high end components like these. Crossing chaining discussion aside, the rub should not occur under load in any gear. Something is flexing too much. It's back to the shop for the 3rd time to try again.
Old 03-20-16, 05:26 AM
Metieval

Bikes: Road bike, Hybrid, Gravel, Drop bar SS, hard tail MTB

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 214 Posts
Originally Posted by Nhmountainman
I've not owned a bike where I cannot use 4 of the gears. Especially with high end components like these. Crossing chaining discussion aside, the rub should not occur under load in any gear. Something is flexing too much. It's back to the shop for the 3rd time to try again.
this has been answered in your other thread for you. the reason your other bikes do not rub, is due to the 46t chainring etc.....

If your 52 is forcing you into big/big. Then the 52t is too large of a chain ring for the level of your leg strength.

Edit: Even if they get you adjusted. Riding big/big, you will be buying a new chain every 1,000 miles.... and new Cassette/chainrings every 2,000 miles.

Edit2: que a negative SRAM RED review following the negative CAAD review in 3....2....1....

Edit3: it is a Cross chain issue!!! the reason for cross chaining? Lack of leg strength (big/big), Lack of spinning ability (small/small).

Last edited by Metieval; 03-20-16 at 05:44 AM.
Old 03-20-16, 05:33 AM
Nhmountainman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Metieval
this has been answered in your other thread for you. the reason your other bikes do not rub, is due to the 46t chainring etc.....

If your 52 is forcing you into big/big. Then the 52t is too large of a chain ring for the level of your leg strength.
just because it received a response doesn't mean it's the only answer. Lack of leg strength is not the issue. Whether it's a 50 52 or 46, something shouldn't flex to the degree it rubs in 4 gears. Hopefully it's just a setup issue.

Maybe someone with a Caad12 can provide their experience so far with the bike.

Last edited by Nhmountainman; 03-20-16 at 08:58 AM.
Old 03-20-16, 10:11 PM
rekon

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by seymour1910
My CAAD brothers. So I havent posted here in a while but I was hit by a car about a month ago. The bike took the hit so I wasn't hurt. A woman in a minivan talking on her phone turned when she wasn't supposed to. She knocked me off the bike and then ran my bike over. The bike was crushed and destroyed completely. I couldn't even save the components, it was all ruined. I wasn't the original owner of my bike so of course I couldn't go through C'dale. The womans insurance ended up giving me $1200 and I took it. I was going to save for a CAAD12-3 but the waiting got to me and I ended up finding a very lightly used 2015 CAAD10-3 the guy was asking $1400 OBO and I offered $1200. He took it and I'm back in CAAD nation. The situation sucked but I'm so happy it all worked out. For those that don't remember, I had a CAAD7 before.
Dang - glad to hear your OK man! Congrats on the new CAAD!
Old 03-21-16, 07:18 AM
seymour1910

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rekon
Dang - glad to hear your OK man! Congrats on the new CAAD!
What's up rekon, I haven't seen you posting much lately. Hope all is well man. Yeah I made it out without a scratch or any physical harm. Watching a 4,000 pound minivan crush my bike was mentally scaring though. All is well, new bike, new helmet....life goes on. Still riding that Bianchi much? I enjoyed following that build thread.
Old 03-21-16, 01:19 PM
rekon

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by seymour1910
What's up rekon, I haven't seen you posting much lately. Hope all is well man. Yeah I made it out without a scratch or any physical harm. Watching a 4,000 pound minivan crush my bike was mentally scaring though. All is well, new bike, new helmet....life goes on. Still riding that Bianchi much? I enjoyed following that build thread.

That moment does sound mentally scaring – I’m glad your OK though – sorry about the CAAD 7. Though, I really like the black on black CAAD. I know you wanted a red CAAD but you could always add some red accents on this one and it’ll look great!

Yeah I haven’t been that active on the forum lately. MBA program is taking up most of my time. I ride every chance I get and switch between the Bianchi and CAAD. I love both. I feel more comfortable on the Bianchi (probably because of the geometry) but I’ve noticed the CAAD is a lot stiffer and climbs better – maybe it’s just me.
Old 03-21-16, 04:39 PM
Hmmm

Bikes: TCX & CAAD3 SAECO

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by waranon
May be late, but still useful.
I lowered my bars on my Caad10 and now have three small spacers above the stem. I've been riding it for a week like this. Do I need to cut it right away? I do not want to ruin anything!
Old 03-21-16, 08:55 PM
waranon

Bikes: CANNONDALE CAAD10

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hmmm
I lowered my bars on my Caad10 and now have three small spacers above the stem. I've been riding it for a week like this. Do I need to cut it right away? I do not want to ruin anything!
I will do the same you did just for a short period of time until the fitting meet my requirement, after that will cut it. But I have seen many people do like what you asked for long or permanently, surely it is not good practice.

By the way, please study in detail warranty terms and conditions of your frame or fork, since some well known brands usually specify clearly the length of remaining steering tube over stem must not over a significant specific length such as zero or 0.5 cm due to it's strength and safety. (as well as lower steering tube left under stem should not over some number )
Old 03-22-16, 09:03 AM
Bumnah

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
So, I came across a helluva deal on some wheels and I couldn't pass them up. I look like a bit of a poser but they ride so much better than my RS010s. The need to show it off is overwhelming.

Old 03-22-16, 10:33 AM
arodr42

Bikes: Caad10

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What wheels are those?

Originally Posted by Bumnah
So, I came across a helluva deal on some wheels and I couldn't pass them up. I look like a bit of a poser but they ride so much better than my RS010s. The need to show it off is overwhelming.

Old 03-22-16, 01:15 PM
Bumnah

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Zipp 404 firecrests black on black.
Old 03-22-16, 06:57 PM
macca33

Bikes: 2017 Ridley Noah SL - Candy Apple DA9000, 2011 CAAD10 Berzerker Ult6800, 2013 FOCUS Mares CX Ult6800

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
WOW Bumnah - that frameset colour absolutely pops! I love it.
Old 03-23-16, 03:23 PM
fizzle

Bikes: 2016 Supersix Evo Hi-Mod, 2014 Caad 10, 2010 Bianchi Pista via Condotti. 2009 Kona Zing

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Beautiful bike love the color!

I'm considering a smp saddle, I like my Fizik Arione in that I can shift back and forward and adjust during a long ride, how do you find your saddle?

Last edited by fizzle; 03-23-16 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Mis quoted
Old 03-23-16, 06:11 PM
Bumnah

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks for the compliments everyone. I bought the bike used off craigslist. I knew it was a rare color and really jumped to purchase it. After upgrading the wheels it's going to be a long time before I get rid of this bike. I did 40 miles today and it was comfortable the whole time. The only problem was the rider and his lack of abilities.

As for the seat, I am running a Selle SMP Pro saddle. I upgraded from a Fizik Arione. I'm training for a metric century on the 9th of April and 500 mile ride later this summer. My Fizik caused numbing of my testicles and I want to have kids in the future, so I decided to address this before doing long rides.

The Fizik was too narrow for my sit bones, more importantly I needed a cut out in the center to address the numbing issue. I went with the Pro model for the extra padding and a wider saddle. The Selle is a huge upgrade over the Fizik. I recommend it to everyone. Also I'm moving around on the saddle often when moving into the drops and out.

That said, do not buy a saddle without test riding multiple saddles. I went through 8 different saddles before deciding on the Selle SMP Pro. Bike shops should have a loaner program you can use. I spent a week per saddle doing rides on my trainer and outside.

Selle SMP saddles are expensive so I wanted to be sure about my purchase before I bought.

Lastly, play with the position of your saddle first before swapping out. After months of playing with the saddle position on my current saddle, the Fizik needed repositioning, not replacement. Though, for longer rides the wider and better padded Selle is nice.
Old 03-26-16, 12:20 PM
arnold1968

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
new at this forum. two years ago i purchased a caad 10 with the purpose of supplemental training next to running. Just recently (last week) i purchased a caadx.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
WP_20160319_001 (1024x577).jpg (100.1 KB, 160 views)
WP_20160306_001.jpg (93.4 KB, 159 views)
Old 03-27-16, 08:36 AM
Ladeef

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cad3 build is coming along nicely, I couldn't find the exact decals anywhere, so I used the caad5 saeco decals.

https://goo.gl/photos/dYT3XKtB1bYBJsXq9

Attached Images
lGBSLCpl.jpg (26.4 KB, 114 views)
Old 03-27-16, 09:07 AM
AristoNYC

Bikes: AristoNYC's PedalRoom

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Looks Great.
Old 03-27-16, 01:47 PM
Team Sarcasm

Bikes: One with square wheels

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Im sold on a green frameset.
Old 03-27-16, 01:57 PM
Team Sarcasm

Bikes: One with square wheels

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hmmm

3 isnt essential to cut it immediately, as long as the expander is still expanding where the stem it compressing/clamping.

if you had a stack of 8 where the stem is well below the expander I would say chop a little bit off.
Old 03-27-16, 03:22 PM
dsheldo

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD 12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That bike is beautiful! I think the wheels really add to it - not poser at all. As long as you're putting the hurt on some people
Old 03-27-16, 05:34 PM
Bumnah

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I don't do any racing with it. I'm primarily into long rides. I popped off a 60 mile ride yesterday with 2600 feet worth of climbing. The bike was comfortable the whole time, it makes you want to just keep going. The wheels make you want to get out of the saddle and rip it up some hills. Quite exhilarating. I'm training for some long rides in the coming months. One is around 500 miles and a couple that around 60 miles but with like 5000 ft worth of climbing.

Thanks for all the compliments everyone. I'm keeping this caad 9 for a long time!
Old 04-02-16, 08:41 AM
Ladeef

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
going all campy stuff to keep in line with the Mario Cipollini theme, just need to find some spinergy's
Attached Images
Bv8sGV9h.jpg (81.4 KB, 119 views)
Old 04-02-16, 08:51 AM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,105 Times in 1,369 Posts
Yeah! Love the Ronald McDonald schemes
Genesis 49:16-17
Old 04-09-16, 11:08 AM
caseydog237

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've got a 2013 CAAD10 with SRAM force brakes and Powertap AMP wheels (17mm internal width/24.5 external width). Doing a gravel race/ride in a couple of weeks.
Thinking about putting on a better gravel tire. Any suggestions of 25c+ tires that will fit?
Don't want to buy tires that don't fit.
Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.