Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

CeramicSpeed RD Pully Wheel technology

Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-24, 07:58 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10971 Post(s)
Liked 7,499 Times in 4,194 Posts

I dont own anything from CeramicSpeed and frankly I laugh at the offerings and prices. But a recent Geek Warning podcast episode mentioned CeramicSpeed has brought some RD Pully Wheel tech from the MTB world over to road, and its actually kinda cool.
Like most of what the company offers, this design solves a very small issue, and it can be argued that it really doesnt even solve anything for most people since they dont even think of this as an issue to begin with.

The RD has something called 'ADR' which stands for Active Debris Remover. It is a dust cover that moves as the wheel moves and its design sheds debris so junk is kept out of the bearings.
On the gravel roads I ride, the dry dust that collects on the drivetrain is super fine and gets into every place I dont want it to get into.
If this design is legit, itd be pretty cool if other brands use it(or similar) down the line and make it more affordable, since it is tough for me to even type out the $670msrp much less actually sell a kidney to pay for one.

https://bikerumor.com/ceramicspeed-u...-transmission/