Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

"Eddy Fit" for touring bike?

Search
Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-13, 08:22 AM
choteau

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Good morning, I'm looking to buy a bike I can use for road / maybe gravel touring. Have read everything I can find on fitting, haven't found anything/much "touring" specific. I need to ride fairly upright, (old back and neck injuries with limited range of motion). Had my wife do the measurements, then I ran the numbers thru the Competitive Cyclist fit program and came out with, 54.6 - 55 cm top tube and 60.6 - 61.1 ctt seat tube on the Eddy fit scale. The numbers look more like an older diamond frame to me. Being a clyde at 245 lbs and thinking about 35 lbs of gear puts me at 280 lbs the frame needs to support. I've been looking at the Surly LHT, it will handle the weight but the top tube is a "bit" long in my size. SO any ideas? Suggestions? Tim
Old 10-23-13, 03:42 PM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,355 Times in 862 Posts
look here:https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...9#post16185329
your other post on same topic.