Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Cannondale Quick 6 vs Sirrus Sport

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-19, 10:20 AM
Steelerfan14

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Hey guys, so I am getting back into bike riding after a long break. I realized I need to do it for my fitness as I can't run due to back problems. My plan is just to do some paved trail riding and hitting up some nice areas of town through neighborhoods that have dedicated bike lanes.

Wife wanted me to just to get a big box store bike(Heck No!!!!!!) so I talked her into letting me order a Cannondale Quick 6 after riding one at the bike store. I did not like the color they had in stock. The quick felt very nice and much better than the lower end Specialized Sirrus. I am getting the Cannondale for $550. They have a nice Specialized Sirrus Sport on the showroom floor in a similar color priced at $900 but can get for $825. Ive been a long time customer so they tend to give me a break on price. My question is, is the Sirrus Sport a much better bike and worth the extra $275?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-07-19, 01:12 PM
Helderberg

Bikes: Had an old Columbia in the 80's, here a used Schwinn hybrid, now a Cannondale Quick 3 and a Topstone 105..

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked 306 Times in 139 Posts
I rode a 6 for a while and I thought it was a very good bike. This is not to say your other choice is not as good if not better but the Cannondale Quick frame just fits my build. I now have a Quick 7 and a 3 and I can definitely feel the difference the 3 has over the 7. I would wait for someone here that is better suited to fill in the blanks about how each bikes mechanicals stack up on the cost end of it but my best advice is go for the best fit to your body with enough room for adjustments as you will change as the miles stack up and having some adjustment room in the bike will be invaluable. Just my .02 so take it for what it's worth as I am team Cannondale and more than a bit biased.
Frank.
Old 01-07-19, 05:27 PM
Steelerfan14

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
I did not test ride the Sirrus but I did test ride a Cannondale before I had them order it in the color I wanted. The quick definitely felt nice. I just came into a bit more money so I can stretch my budget a bit. I am almost wondering if I decide Cannondale is the way to go if I should ask them to order a Quick 3. I know I had them order the 6 but I'm since they normally carry that model he wouldn't mind just putting that one on the showroom floor.
Old 01-07-19, 10:25 PM
Helderberg

Bikes: Had an old Columbia in the 80's, here a used Schwinn hybrid, now a Cannondale Quick 3 and a Topstone 105..

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked 306 Times in 139 Posts

I can tell you that the 3 is in another class. the carbon fork, disc brakes, shifters, crankset,tires and wheels are a big plus over the 6 and my 7. I rode a Giant Escape and while it was a very nice bike it didn't fit my build like the Cannondale. Not a lot of Cannondale Quick people here as the Trek bikes have a big following on this forum. That said that is another good bike you might want to try but you said you already have the 6 coming in for you so might be to late. Trek makes a nice bike but again just not a comfortable fit for me.
The 3 is my version of a road bike as I can not deal with the drop bars due to my back. Not trying to feed you the Cannondale kool aid or drive you away Just get a bike that is comfortable for you so you can spend time enjoying the ride.
Good luck, Frank.
Old 01-08-19, 12:36 AM
Randy Barat

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Got to test ride both before you decide
Old 01-11-19, 09:47 PM
Steelerfan14