Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

How do I do this???

Old 07-13-19, 06:47 AM
Bluesfrog

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 18 Posts
How do I do this???

I was going to ask a question of the administrator and couldn't do a PM without 10 posts. It won't let me do ten posts as I can only do 5 in 24 hours. Was this forum not set up by a different administration? NOT attacking just trying to establish a time line. Some of my old friends may still be here. I see a commuter whose name looks familiar. I can't PM them because insufficient posts. I was originally excited to be back on but that is waning. I also didn't detect an anti gun stance here which is the reason I faded away in the first place. I am a Corrections officer and semiretired now. Then I was a full time transporter of crooks. I mentioned carrying the Glock and the heavens opened up and swallowed my post. Firearms, no matter what your opinion, made us free from Britain and maintain it to this day. Without them people who want to take over would run over us like Hitler in the 30s and 40s. We won't have a country without individual ownership. Don't get riled up and twist my words here. Not advocating anyone get shot. Just stating what is obvious to me and should be to all. This isn't a rant. I'm not upset with anyone. 22 years in Mo Corrections has made me thicker skinned than you might think. Just wanted to ask a question about the past history of the forum. Thanks and Be Well. Bluesfrog
Old 07-13-19, 06:47 PM
FBOATSB

Bikes: Old Stuff

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Liked 514 Times in 343 Posts
Hello and welcome @Bluesfrog. This is the proper place to ask questions to forum administration. Guns are political, no getting around that, when I came here a few years ago you couldn't even type the word "gun". That has changed due to the diligence of the moderators. Gun threads usually get moved pretty quickly to P&R. You will have full PM privileges very quickly.
Old 07-14-19, 05:31 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
You've only got 2 more posts to go @Bluesfrog just have fun browsing and know that is takes a while for every newbie.

The reason again is that we had massive spamming a few years ago and it was very hard to control until restrictions were made.

Please don't feel discouraged. I'm betting that the extra time on your hands will actually allow you to browse the site and define your needs and questions better.

So it's nothing against you really. Welcome to BF and we all hope you'll be here a long time.
Old 07-15-19, 08:20 AM
IBJoel
Administrator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked 224 Times in 146 Posts
Hi Bluesfrog, and welcome! Rollfast is correct that we simply use the 10 posts to PM and post limits to curb spam. Those restrictions are both lifted once you meet the requirements. If you're referring to your post disappearing (I'm unsure if this happened or if you just meant a lot of people commenting on your reference to firearm ownership), it may have been the result of another anti-spam measure: For new users, posts automatically go into a moderation queue to weed out any obvious bots, selling, etc.
Old 07-18-19, 11:42 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
If you see Your comment is awaiting moderation. that would be it.