Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Ocoee bikes

Old 02-15-20, 06:34 PM
bonsai171

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 749 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 70 Posts
Ocoee bikes

Anyone have experience with purchasing a bike from Ocoee bikes? They have some pretty nice gravel bikes for not too much $$. They are a branch of Litespeed, based out of Chattanooga, TN, and consumer direct. Also, anyone have experience with returning one? They have a 30 day return policy, wondering what that process is like too.

Dave
Old 02-15-20, 06:56 PM
csrpenfab

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 99 Times in 57 Posts
I heard some very positive reviews from a local rider who knows the builder well. I was all set to pull the trigger on one, and then I stumbled across my Niner RLT 9 at a blow out price. They look like a solid bike with good specs for the money.
Old 02-15-20, 07:04 PM
bonsai171

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 749 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 70 Posts
Originally Posted by csrpenfab
I heard some very positive reviews from a local rider who knows the builder well. I was all set to pull the trigger on one, and then I stumbled across my Niner RLT 9 at a blow out price. They look like a solid bike with good specs for the money.
The specs do look pretty good. Only thing I would change is to get lower gearing. I live in the foothills of the Cohutta mountains (GA) and do a lot of climbing, especially in the mountains. I've heard they are willing to work with you on customization, so no concerns there. $2600 for a sub 20 lb carbon, Shimano 105 bike is pretty awesome (plus it has a LOT of water bottle mounts, which I like too. Water can be hard to come by in the mountains.

Heck, even the DI2 price isn't bad.

Dave
Likes For bonsai171:
Old 02-15-20, 08:10 PM
csrpenfab

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 99 Times in 57 Posts
Totally agree. The $2800 price point for carbon/105 drew me in and when they launched they were giving another $200 off. Then I found the full Ultegra Niner for $2800 and went that direction. No regrets, they’re both solid bikes.