Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

What size Cannondale SuperSix EVO 2020? Advice please.

Search
Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-20, 07:05 AM
Markr25

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all, I’m just looking for some advice on what size bike to get. I have ordered a Cannondale Supersix evo 2020. My height is 5’11” without shoes and about 6ft with shoes.
my inseam is 32 inches or about 81 cm

i would say that my upper body is longer than my lower body, I think I have a longer torso and shorter legs if that makes sense

i have ordered a size 56 in the bike and just wanting some advice on whether to stick with the 56 or change to a smaller 54?

I appreciate and help
thanks, Mark
Old 05-24-20, 11:03 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,810 Times in 3,318 Posts
You'll be okay on either. Don't fret too much. When you get to doing 300 miles a week, you'll have a better idea what comfort and performance aspects you might address in sizing your next bike. For shorter rides and less frequent, it's no big deal. I was riding a couple hundred a week on a bike that was way bigger than any other person my 71" height would ride and I had no issues. I wasn't competing, so maximizing my power output through proper fit wasn't an issue. I'm on a 56 cm bike now and just as happy with the fit as the 60 cm bike from the 1990's I was riding.
Old 05-25-20, 07:23 PM
Bmach

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 440 Post(s)
Liked 264 Times in 162 Posts
I would stay with the 56.
Old 05-26-20, 02:34 AM
Markr25

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
You'll be okay on either. Don't fret too much. When you get to doing 300 miles a week, you'll have a better idea what comfort and performance aspects you might address in sizing your next bike. For shorter rides and less frequent, it's no big deal. I was riding a couple hundred a week on a bike that was way bigger than any other person my 71" height would ride and I had no issues. I wasn't competing, so maximizing my power output through proper fit wasn't an issue. I'm on a 56 cm bike now and just as happy with the fit as the 60 cm bike from the 1990's I was riding.
many thanks for your help I appreciate it cheers
Old 05-26-20, 02:35 AM
Markr25

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bmach
I would stay with the 56.
many thanks for the advice, cheers
Old 06-26-20, 08:00 AM
TitaniumHwite

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
That's made me feel better. This will be my first road bike and I've recently ordered a 54 of the same bike, my dimensions are slightly different being about 177cm with an 80cm (give or take 1) inseam. I couldn't decide between the 51 and the 54 but finally decided to go with the 54 and stick with it. Still somewhat worried I made the wrong choice but I guess I won't really know until I've ridden it a lot as to what size I would prefer.
Old 06-26-20, 09:08 AM
Pilot321

Bikes: 1987 Cannondale SR500

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I am 6' 0" with a 34 inseam and my 58 CM Cannondale road bike fits me great, so 56 sounds right for you. I wouldn't go any smaller. If your stand over height is ok, you're good to go.
Old 06-30-20, 02:08 PM
markynels

Bikes: CAAD13

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
You've probably got the bike by now, but FWIW (and for any others considering the new CAAD or SuperSix) I have a 2020 CAAD13 which I believe matches 1:1 with the geo on the new SuperSix.

I'm 6'0", 35" inseam, +2 ape index.
Picked up a 56 and so far very pleased with it. 58 would have fit just as well, but preferred to size down to avoid the overly large head tube height (164mm vs 188mm!).

I'm an aggressive rider, clocking 3-400km (10-14hrs) per week averaging 240-300w (370ftp). My personal touches so far to the CAAD's fit/geo after 2400km of outdoor riding this spring/summer;
  1. Swapped stem for 120mm -17 - found it too upright in stock config; -6 110 IIRC?
  2. Slammed stem all the way down, including removing the conical spacer (KP253 cannondalespares.com/Cannondale-Road-Headset-5mm-Top-Bearing-Cover--KP253/product_detail/3-40270) - again to compensate for the upright posture.
  3. Will very likely swap out the stock seat post for an in-line post as i'm quite far ahead on the rails to allow my hips to open up, but otherwise it's comfortable in its current setup.
Stock, 56 should be fine for anyone in the 5'10 to 6'1 range. Odd proportions like mine, well you'll need to be creative with stem and seat position to get comfy but once it's dialled in the bike feels great.
Also, ditch the tires and tubes for GP5000's and latex and you'll feel like you're on a rocket. Stock setup felt sluggish and dampened IMO..
Old 07-03-23, 11:08 PM
Sebnotserp

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I’m 179.75 cm and I’m the perfect size to not fit the Evo se

So when I sit on the size 56 Evo se I have about 4mm of clearance between the top tube and my pelvis and it’s basically touching as well as that the seat tube is rediculously long which means the seat will be pretty low. BUT the reach and top tube length are much better… the 54 on the other hand has a 18mm shorter top tube and 7mm shorter reach and will give me the proper 2cm ~ 1 inch of standover but I’ll have to run a 120-130 mm stem. It will be 8mm shorter than my previous full bread road bike but as I’m writing this I’m thinking it’s a gravel bike. It’s not gonna be as long… hahaha anyways I’d love to hear your opinion
Originally Posted by markynels
You've probably got the bike by now, but FWIW (and for any others considering the new CAAD or SuperSix) I have a 2020 CAAD13 which I believe matches 1:1 with the geo on the new SuperSix.

I'm 6'0", 35" inseam, +2 ape index.
Picked up a 56 and so far very pleased with it. 58 would have fit just as well, but preferred to size down to avoid the overly large head tube height (164mm vs 188mm!).

I'm an aggressive rider, clocking 3-400km (10-14hrs) per week averaging 240-300w (370ftp). My personal touches so far to the CAAD's fit/geo after 2400km of outdoor riding this spring/summer;
  1. Swapped stem for 120mm -17 - found it too upright in stock config; -6 110 IIRC?
  2. Slammed stem all the way down, including removing the conical spacer (KP253 cannondalespares.com/Cannondale-Road-Headset-5mm-Top-Bearing-Cover--KP253/product_detail/3-40270) - again to compensate for the upright posture.
  3. Will very likely swap out the stock seat post for an in-line post as i'm quite far ahead on the rails to allow my hips to open up, but otherwise it's comfortable in its current setup.
Stock, 56 should be fine for anyone in the 5'10 to 6'1 range. Odd proportions like mine, well you'll need to be creative with stem and seat position to get comfy but once it's dialled in the bike feels great.
Also, ditch the tires and tubes for GP5000's and latex and you'll feel like you're on a rocket. Stock setup felt sluggish and dampened IMO..