Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Help! What bike to commute to rehab?

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-07, 09:59 AM
Digital Gee
I need more cowbell.

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First of all, there's been a terrible miscarraige of justice -- or at a minimum, another shining example of the liberal media getting the story wrong. To whit:

"Associated Press 5/30/2007 - In news that shocked the cycling world, Digital (The San Diego Kid) Gee admitted to doping during the 2007 Tour de Lake Murray. Gee stated he ingested large quanities of Flinstones just prior to the Endurance Leg, and in fact may have taken as many as 50 Wilmas before the last lap. Further, he has also admitted to being the Fintstones suppier to Armstrong, Landis, Basso, and several other TDF riders. An independant AP investigation also uncovered ties to baseball slugger Barry Bonds. Gees agent, The Weak Link was unavailable for comment. The Link himself has long been suspected of pushing Carters Little Pills on unaware cyclists. Jet Travis, Gees coach, speaking from his Virginia home said "I just don't get the Wilma thing, Gee was always more of a Betty man. Sportwriter Tom Bombadil writing for Cycling World was quoted as saying "I knew something was amiss when he maintained that 12 mph pace so effortlessly. Gee has agreed to check into rehab along with close friend and sometimes companion Lindsey Lohan."

Did the reporter even BOTHER to interview me? No. I have always made myself available to the press, but somehow, when the doping allegations came out, no one wanted to hear MY side of the story.

Let's set the record straight. I do NOT take Wilmas. Now it's true that Jet Travis may have given me a few mango smoothies from time to time, and I cannot swear to knowing everything he put in them, but to the best of my knowledge, I have never knowingly taken a Wilma.

As for The Weak Link, he's already been fired for inappropriate phone calls. Too many calls to 1-900-IAM PSYCHO1 and those aren't cheap.

Now, as to the whole rehab thing. I'm only checking in because my g/f Lindsey thought it would be a great place to get away from all the media. So here we are. Once again, I do NOT do Wilmas, never have, and never will. By the way, I need a new helmet -- this one doesn't fit anymore. Any suggestions?

So here's my question: should Lindsey and I get a tandem or two beach cruisers to use in rehab?

Proud member of the original Club Tombay
Old 05-31-07, 10:29 AM
LynnH

Bikes: Used Marin MTB, New 6/06 Scott Contessa Speedster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Definitely a tandem, I may possibly believe your denial, but not your gf's. You'll have lots of pedaling to do!
Old 05-31-07, 10:48 AM
Tom Bombadil
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Digital Gee

Did the reporter even BOTHER to interview me? No. I have always made myself available to the press, but somehow, when the doping allegations came out, no one wanted to hear MY side of the story.
No, no I didn't want to hear your side of the story.

Just more doper lies.
Old 05-31-07, 11:02 AM
George

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 30 Posts
Everybody knows Starbucks is doping. I say the miles don't count and they should be done again, with NO DOPING.
Old 05-31-07, 11:03 AM
JanMM
rebmeM roineS

Bikes: Bacchetta Giro A20, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 347 Times in 226 Posts
Better retain legal counsel; The Fifty Plus Anti-Doping Agency will be contacting you soon. And, you will be getting a call from Lemond encouraging you to 'fess up.
Old 05-31-07, 12:34 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

So here's my question: should Lindsey and I get a tandem or two beach cruisers to use in rehab?

Definitly go Tandem- You've tried everything else and you are now addicted. One ride on a Tandem will cure you forever. Even better- Get a recumbent Tandem with a Brooks saddle.

Spike Milligan
Old 05-31-07, 12:50 PM
MichiganMike

Bikes: Cannondale T800, Marin Hybrid

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I need a new helmet -- this one doesn't fit anymore
Yeah, and I noticed in a few of the later pictures it seems like you are developing some acne or something. Might want to have that checked out.

I say one tandem. Then you can take turns taking care of making phone calls, etc., while the other one pedals.
Old 05-31-07, 12:51 PM
Tom Bombadil
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Whichever bike you choose, you'd better double check her "water" bottle before riding.
Old 05-31-07, 01:05 PM
xlrogue

Bikes: Klein Quantum, Summit Comp Pro TR

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
At least now we know who told Lindsey to go commando. Too bad she missed the "under your bike shorts" part.
Old 05-31-07, 01:14 PM
wrafl

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I would say a tandem. If Lindsey refuse to ride with you, you can always ask another lady to take Lindsey's place.
Old 05-31-07, 03:37 PM
tlc20010
The Grampster

Bikes: Eddy Merckx SXM, LeMond Buenos Aires, Cannondale Road Warrior 1000 plus a couple of comforts (Specialized Crossroads and Giant Cyprus) and a beater mtb for around town.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Let's set the record straight. I do NOT take Wilmas. Now it's true that Jet Travis may have given me a few mango smoothies from time to time, and I cannot swear to knowing everything he put in them, but to the best of my knowledge, I have never knowingly taken a Wilma.
Another of those non-denial denials. Notice that DG didn't mention not taking Bettys......sources say that Bettys contain many of the same doping ingredients as Wilmas. Now he will come out and say something like "I'm not gong to continue to respond to these spurious accusations....." You have to watch these big...er, big-time athlete types when they talk to the media...that's why reporters don't bother to call them.
Old 05-31-07, 03:41 PM
Digital Gee
I need more cowbell.

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tlc20010
Another of those non-denial denials. Notice that DG didn't mention not taking Bettys......sources say that Bettys contain many of the same doping ingredients as Wilmas. Now he will come out and say something like "I'm not gong to continue to respond to these spurious accusations....." You have to watch these big...er, big-time athlete types when they talk to the media...that's why reporters don't bother to call them.
See, THIS is why I don't respond to spurious accusations. You people just WON'T get off my back.

I'm going to go comfort Lindsey now.

Proud member of the original Club Tombay
Old 05-31-07, 04:36 PM
Tom Bombadil
His Brain is Gone!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Just off the wire ...

There is a report from an on-line source that a video recording, made with a cell phone, seems to show that there was a second rider involved. This recording is said to show the mysterious second rider dismounting Rooooooobbbaaaaaaaaaaayyyy about a half-mile from the official race lap point. The rider then got into a car and drove in the opposite direction around the lake to a pre-specificed point where another exchange took place..

The low-light and low resolution of the cell phone video prevents us from making positive identification. However a lip-reader says that it appears that as DG took the bike from him, he was saying "Thanks Paul-he."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNdzVDJjPfE
Old 05-31-07, 06:48 PM
HopedaleHills
Streetfire

Bikes: Trek 1200c, BMC Streetfire, Gary Fisher Wahoo

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Associated Press, May 31, 2007 - In late breaking news from San Diego sportwriter Tom Bombadil has delivered a photo to People Magazine showing that Lohan was indeed present at the Tour de Lake Murray. The photo, taken by a paparazzi hiding near Gee's training area was purchased by Bombadil for an undisclosed sum.

Old 05-31-07, 07:00 PM
Dchiefransom

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Soooooooooooooooo, you deny doing Wilma, but admit to doing Lindsey?
Old 05-31-07, 09:06 PM
Blackberry
In Memory of One Cool Cat

Bikes: Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Jet Travis, Gees coach, speaking from his Virginia home said "I just don't get the Wilma thing, Gee was always more of a Betty man.[/IMG]
I know Jet Travis. He's knee-deep in cycling's dark side. He over-inflates his tires, wears cycling sandals and consumes untold amounts of illicit soy products. I told Mr. Gee, "Don't touch that guy with a stick. He's poison." If only Digital Gee had listened. Instead, he's thrown it all away.
Old 05-31-07, 09:18 PM
Tom Bombadil
His Brain is Gone!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
The infamous Blackbeard, er, ah, ... Blackberry returns!!!

Hide your daughters!!!