Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Blogger's Forum
Reload this Page >

Surprise present

Blogger's Forum Whether it's a cycling blog, or just your personal page, this is the place to share ideas and links.

Surprise present

Old 09-01-18, 07:48 AM
Stace22

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Surprise present

Hi there

I'm new to cycling, however my husband is an avid cycler and i'm keen to be too.

His 40th is coming up (Dec) and i'm looking to arrange a surprise trip in the US next year, and have landed upon Portland to San Fran (2 places i have always wanted to visit!). I initially looked at mid May to mid June, but after reading this forum it seems very likely to rain, so am thinking May 31st to 1st July. I know this is probably a very long time for many of you, but i'd like to see Portland before we start and the same with San Fran at end.

I'd be so grateful for any tips on booking this trip and if it's a good time of year to go to avoid the rain!? I know Aug/Sep is supposed to great weather but that feels like so far away from his birthday!!

Also are there any bike rentals that do one way form Portland to San Fran + gear? I don't have a tourer at the mo just a Sirrius Pro hybrid but am I right to think it's cheaper to buy a tourer here + kit and ship over - or perhaps buy second hand in Portland and ship home?

I'm sorry for my barrage of questions and apologies in advance if this is not an appropriate thread to write - I appreciate many of you are very advanced cyclists.

However all help / ideas / info very gratefully received!!

Thank you!!!!
Old 09-02-18, 08:08 PM
locolobo13 

Bikes: Trek Mtn Bike

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 18 Posts
Try the Touring subforum. You might also try the Pacific Northwest and North California subforums. Good luck!
Old 06-26-19, 03:24 AM
henryhulk924

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Best thing is you need to choose best one for the same....