Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Cinelli Experience 2014 vs Bianchi Impulso 2014

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-14, 04:11 PM
jaguiler

Bikes: Bianchi & Bottecchia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hello everyone,

I do not post much - nor read much, until lately. I used to train and race back in the late 80's and early 90's - I sold my old race bike quite a while back and I have my training bike (steel), with the old 80's technology and 7 speed friction shifting. I wanted to get back into weekend riding, fast and spirited - for health and fun. I may venture into a road race, depending on conditioning next year (2015).

Question -

I am looking to purchase a 2014 Cinelli Experience (Veloce) OR a Bianchi Impulso (105) - I would be a 55 in the Bianchi, and more than likely a Med. in the Cinelli. I have ridden the Bianchi and liked it. It was the first AL bike I have ridden. I have not ridden the Cinelli, but have always wanted a Cinelli and Campy. The reviews are positive -

Any thoughts from anyone that has experience with both or either one ??

Thank you in advance - I look forward to reading your responses. I am in the USA - and the Cinelli would be mail ordered, the Bianchi is in a LBS. I am hoping the LBS will not shun me for not getting one of their bikes.

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
bike-.jpg (75.9 KB, 51 views)
Old 09-12-14, 07:55 AM
AndyK 

Bikes: '11 TIME NXR Instinct, '03 De Rosa Planet '79 Paris Sport (Moulton)

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
I had an Experience - great frame for the money, but, VERY stiff = jarring on rougher roads. Still, nice frame and well designed.

Bottom bracket shell is BSA threaded (not Italian), I assume due to the Asian manufacture point?

Old 09-12-14, 08:00 AM
RollCNY
Speechless

Bikes: Felt Brougham, Lotus Prestige, Cinelli Xperience,

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 16 Posts
I have a Cinelli Xperience, which is the frame version before the Experience. I would mirror what AndyK said, in that it is a brutally stiff frame. I run Velocity A23 rims with 25's, and that is about the only way I have made it tolerable for 50 mile plus rides. That said, it also rides like a scalpel, tight, responsive, and if you jump on it, it responds greatly. I remember reading threads years ago about what a fabulous crit frame it is. No experience with the Bianchi, so can't compare for you.
Old 09-12-14, 07:37 PM
jaguiler

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
If you click on the picture - the two I am comparing are in it. Visually - I am really attracted to the Bianchi - dream wise - I have always wanted a Cinelli (with Campy) - even though these are the "newer ones" and not the classics of the 80's. I rode the Bianchi (with Shimano) and it felt great - I did not ride the Cinelli - so I am stuck in following the dream or reality. Reality costs a bit more - but from my LBS. I am thinking if I get the Bianchi - I will spend the following year upgrading components to Campy (drivetrain) and Cinelli (seat post, bars, stem)
Old 09-12-14, 08:44 PM
IcySmooth52

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Have you ridden Campy before?

Due to costs, I wouldn't buy one of those just to change out components. I'd recommend saving up and getting a model with the stock components you want. WAY cheaper in the long-run. (Even with eBay selling the un-wanted stock.)
Old 09-14-14, 03:10 PM
jaguiler

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Campy I rode was in my racing days - late 0's early 90's. I have it on an old steel frame, and I am pleased with it. The Cinelli has Campy, stock.