Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Blendr mounted Garmin Edge / headlight

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-15, 05:51 PM
BBBRPDL

Bikes: 2019 Trek Crockett

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 1 Post

Has anyone managed to find an Edge mount for the Bontrager Blendr system? I've seen the odd photo of one online, but no sign of them existing to buy.

Also.. I've been using a Bontrager ION light, mounted on the stem via Blendr, and now my Edge is in the post, am a little unsure how everything is going to fit together. Whilst the two are not best used in the same scenarios, I'm not in the mood to be unbolting my stem every time I want to switch mounts. Ideally I'd avoid the rubber-band/silicone mounts for the edge, and get something solid for both.

If anyone fancies posting pics of their accessorised front ends, I'd be keen on some inspiration.
Old 05-02-15, 11:11 PM
WheresWaldo
Ride it like you stole it

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale EVO Ultegra Di2, Pedal Force Aeroblade, Rue Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts
I just looked at the Blendr stuff, can you put a Blendr piece on the top and bottom of the stem simultaneously? If so then all you need is an Edge mount to screw on? They advertise a Garmin mount in ad copy but I don't see a picture or any product.

How long has Blendr been available, I know it is more than 6 months and they still don't have a Garmin mount. Seems like it is not well supported by Trek/Keith.

Last edited by WheresWaldo; 05-02-15 at 11:21 PM.
Old 05-03-15, 02:08 AM
BBBRPDL

Bikes: 2019 Trek Crockett

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by WheresWaldo
I just looked at the Blendr stuff, can you put a Blendr piece on the top and bottom of the stem simultaneously? If so then all you need is an Edge mount to screw on? They advertise a Garmin mount in ad copy but I don't see a picture or any product.

How long has Blendr been available, I know it is more than 6 months and they still don't have a Garmin mount. Seems like it is not well supported by Trek/Keith.

In the instructions supplied with the ION 700 light, it specifically states not to mount the light on the underside. I am assuming the brackets supplied will fit both under and over the bars though. I might give it a go.

Im not sure Blendr has been executed as well as some of the blurb makes out - I wonder if their own line of computers puts them off producing a Garmin-specific mount; seems a little killjoy of them.