Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Need help in Seatle area

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Need help in Seatle area

Old 04-02-20, 09:58 AM
mgopack42 

Bikes: 2020 Argon 18 Krypton Pro, 1985 Masi 3V Volumetrica, 3Rensho Super Record Aero, 2022 Trek District 4.

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked 423 Times in 206 Posts
Need help in Seatle area

Posted a similar request in the craigslist/E bay thread and in the Facilitator thread...I just wanted a wider distribution... cast a wider net.
Looking for some help acquiring a frame in the Seattle area, Renton WA. this is listed on craigslist, and i reached ot to the lister and the frame is available. I have a certain soft spot for this Ciocc Mockba 80 since i had one back in the day, my first all Italian bike...
Anyone in the area? I know in the current climate and stay at home etc. this may be untenable. just looking for a inspection and purchase if OK... getting the frame to me is no rush, so storage might be needed as well fora time. Ideally, someone who is either driving down for the re-scheduled Eroica CA, or knows someone, so we can just have a hand off at a later time.
Any help or ideas are appreciated. Stay safe and healthy over all!!!

MARK
Old 04-02-20, 10:05 AM
wawine

Bikes: 1959 Bianchi Team issue ex G Barale, 1964 Garlatti, 1971 Cinelli SC Spence Wolfe, 1980 Bianchi Rekord 748, 1982 Raleigh Comp MKII, 1989 Vitus 979 / Chorus

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 72 Times in 16 Posts
Who is the seller? I suspect I know, and if the add specifically says ‘pick up in my driveway’, I know for sure. I am a few hours away, so not able to help, but he is a trustworthy guy, as far as I know, and getting him to ship would feel just as safe as any EBay purchase from an unknown quantity
Old 04-02-20, 11:07 AM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked 2,024 Times in 989 Posts
I found a frameset in LA that I would like ('88 Paramount in my size), but have decided to not contact the seller nor ask for a facilitator (though a BF member very generously offered) due to everything right now. Naturally that extends to trips here in the area that aren't for groceries etc. Hoping that in a month things ease up and it's back to (more of a) normal. I have a feeling there will be a few frames or bikes "lost" in this time, though on the flip side, many of those frames or bikes will be 'frozen in time' and thus likely available on the back end of all of this. Thankfully, we still have our own bike or bikes with which to enjoy.
Old 04-02-20, 11:26 AM
SurferRosa
señor miembro

Bikes: '70s - '80s Campagnolo

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 3862 Post(s)
Liked 6,450 Times in 3,190 Posts
The subject frameset is listed in the parts section. He states both Renton and Bellevue as locations.

I'm up in North Seattle (near Green Lake) if he can deliver up here.
Old 04-02-20, 11:52 AM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Quoted: 3897 Post(s)
Liked 4,823 Times in 2,226 Posts
Contact - Go Huck Yourself, bike shop on Main Steet in downtown Renton - 425-227-4825.

not sure if they box & ship, but for a fee they are the kinda place that would. Sometimes a young person answers phone. I've worked with them for stuff to maintain my vintage, but they might seem quirky to some. I would specify that tubes get wrapped well and fork & dropouts are 'axled' in place.