Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Bridgestone Diamond Road

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-20, 10:30 AM
Nunofiets

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Bridgestone Diamond Road

Hi all, finally i'm able to share my bike with you guys.

Feel free to comment.
Likes For Nunofiets:
Old 10-12-20, 02:51 PM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Liked 2,288 Times in 1,278 Posts
Nice! I have the Bridgestone Kabuki Diamond Formula and set it up much the same, all Campagnolo. It was SunTour when I bought it new. I have put many thousands of miles on it and it still rides well . Bridgestone imported some nice bikes BITD . The later ones like yours may be of better quality than the Kabuki ones , but mine is fine and has nice lugs and brazing and is light for its year. Joe
Old 10-12-20, 02:56 PM
Nunofiets

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kabuki12
Nice! I have the Bridgestone Kabuki Diamond Formula and set it up much the same, all Campagnolo. It was SunTour when I bought it new. I have put many thousands of miles on it and it still rides well . Bridgestone imported some nice bikes BITD . The later ones like yours may be of better quality than the Kabuki ones , but mine is fine and has nice lugs and brazing and is light for its year. Joe
hi Joe, do you have pics?
Old 10-12-20, 03:09 PM
Kabuki12

T
Old 10-12-20, 03:17 PM
Kabuki12

My Kabuki lived about ten to twelve years of its life on a sailboat in Southern California. It was my transportation for at least a couple of years in all sorts of weather. When I moved to dry land in 1990, I media blasted the frame and rattle can painted it so the original decals are long gone. Mine originally came with 27" wheels which I swapped out for some real nice 700c wheels that were French double wall with SS spokes. I have since switched back to 27" wheels with Campy Record High Flange hubs and changed the tires that are in the picture to Panaracer . Joe
Old 10-13-20, 02:18 AM
Nunofiets

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
My Kabuki lived about ten to twelve years of its life on a sailboat in Southern California. It was my transportation for at least a couple of years in all sorts of weather. When I moved to dry land in 1990, I media blasted the frame and rattle can painted it so the original decals are long gone. Mine originally came with 27" wheels which I swapped out for some real nice 700c wheels that were French double wall with SS spokes. I have since switched back to 27" wheels with Campy Record High Flange hubs and changed the tires that are in the picture to Panaracer . Joe
you made some good changes. Is it possible to fix new decals? It would like more "completed". Nuno
Old 10-13-20, 06:45 AM
Kabuki12

^ There are no decals available that I have found for Kabuki bikes, especially the Diamond Formula. I did find a NOS decal for the top tube for a later version Diamond Formula 12 that I put on the top tube but you can't see it in the photo.When my bike was made they had scripting that differs from the later lettering. It is not like a collector type bike that gets that much attention. Joe

Last edited by Kabuki12; 10-13-20 at 06:48 AM.
Old 10-13-20, 07:00 AM
Nunofiets

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
^ There are no decals available that I have found for Kabuki bikes, especially the Diamond Formula. I did find a NOS decal for the top tube for a later version Diamond Formula 12 that I put on the top tube but you can't see it in the photo.When my bike was made they had scripting that differs from the later lettering. It is not like a collector type bike that gets that much attention. Joe
that's a shame. I'm looking for fhe front decal (looks like a polar star) for my Diamond road but no luck until now. It feels naked. Nuno
Old 01-16-21, 01:34 PM
human33

Bikes: 1982 Bridgestone "Diamond Road", 1984 Gitane Super Corsa, 1987 Cannondale ST400, Cinelli Mystic Rats, Trek 790

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Mine, originaly 600 arabesque, nitto... I modified it as touring, single speed and now again in close to original state. Now i am thinking about 650B randonneur conversion...

I is hard to find some more detailed info regarding it, from which catalog it is and some more info in general... Anyways, it is a keeper 😉