Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Thursday Ride, just pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-10, 05:45 PM
Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thursday Ride, just pics

20 miles. Just a nice cruise up GMR with BF'er Hillbasher on a cold day to the shack, Higher we got, the colder it got. 2200 ft in 8 miles as far as climbing. Froze on the descent. My ears were so cold I go t he brainfreeze without the Slurpee! Picture of the dude taking the turn looks real fast, no it's not me, just some dude riding up there!

Old 02-04-10, 05:55 PM
funrover 

Bikes: Mostly schwinn... few classics

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looking how bundled up you are I am going to guess it dropped all the way into the lower to mid 60's LOL
Old 02-04-10, 05:59 PM
d4c4c8
Mike the Bike

Bikes: Giant OCR C3/Gary Fisher Tasjahara

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dang that looks cold. I was really hoping to ride on Tuesday but the cardio appt ran really long and it was almost dark before I got lose from the DR. And again Next Tuesday I see the Orthopod to talk about the MRI on the ankle. Looks like I'm stuck on the trainer for a while longer during the week.
Old 02-04-10, 06:11 PM
Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by funrover
Looking how bundled up you are I am going to guess it dropped all the way into the lower to mid 60's LOL
...it was colder than that, maybe 60's at the bottom but my ears tell me when it drops. I get that brainfreeze. It's supoosed to rain tonight and I could feel the moisture in the air. I guess that helped it along.

We head up towards Baldy (mtn in the background), it's 48 there. So not quite that cold but I haven't felt this cold on a ride for a couple years. There is a 9 mph wind too, when it would blow, it was that much colder!..Today was one of those days I could have used some cotton or tissue in my ears, had to hold the pace down on the descent. Spoiled Cali Boyz!
Old 02-04-10, 06:13 PM
Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by d4c4c8
Dang that looks cold. I was really hoping to ride on Tuesday but the cardio appt ran really long and it was almost dark before I got lose from the DR. And again Next Tuesday I see the Orthopod to talk about the MRI on the ankle. Looks like I'm stuck on the trainer for a while longer during the week.
Forecast for this week said pouring rain all week. So ya make other plans then it's sunny and doesn't rain! When you do go ride, it gets cold!
Old 02-04-10, 06:25 PM
d4c4c8
Mike the Bike

Bikes: Giant OCR C3/Gary Fisher Tasjahara

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I only work from home on Tuesdays, so if I'm gonna ride outside it has to happen on that day and be under 1 1/2 hours.
Old 02-08-10, 07:31 PM
ECB1

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Beanz, the pictures look great. I had to trade the bike in for the winter for skis. I am looking forward to the spring and some good riding. It has been o degrees in the morning with a snow storm on the way for wedensday. ECB1