Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from an Old Guy in Atlantic Canada

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-19, 08:44 AM
KrowNB

Bikes: 2018 Diadaro Navoro

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Hi. I'm 67 years old. I haven't been on a bicycle in over 40 years. I bought one yesterday. My wife thinks I'm nuts. Raining yesterday and today. Hope to give out a try tomorrow. Will post back if I make it.

Update:

Had a break in the rain today. Strapped on my helmet and headed down the driveway for the first time! We're in a quiet lane with a rise at the end. I was able to shift gears to negotiate up it. Went about a 1/2 kilometer and returned. I was beat out even over that little distance! Sitting on my a$$ all winter hasn't helped. Hopefully, I'll be able to build my stamina quickly. Feeling exhilarated and discouraged at the same time.

Last edited by KrowNB; 04-24-19 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-24-19, 09:01 PM
LAJ
So it is

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11393 Post(s)
Liked 4,735 Times in 2,758 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums, KrowNB! You got this.
Likes For LAJ:
Old 04-25-19, 05:06 AM
KrowNB

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LAJ
Welcome to Bike Forums, KrowNB! You got this.
Thanks for the encouragement LAJ! I'm going to try to find a fairly flat area with little traffic to practise on until I'm more confident and in a bit better shape - can't push things too hard, too quickly at my age LOL! The weather forecast for next week is much better.
Old 04-25-19, 05:11 AM
DowneasTTer

Bikes: 2022 LiteSpeed CHEROHALA CITY, 2019 Canyon Roadlite 9.0 CF LTD, 2015 Giant FastRoad CoMax 1, 2001 Mongoose Pro Triomphe,

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 50 Posts
Welcome from another oldie, 69 (70 next month). Where in NB do you live? My wife and I lived in Maine (about 1 hour from the border ) for 62 years now in North Central Fl where we can ride all winter and avoid both the mud and black fly seasons. However we spend most of the summer in Atlantic Canada mostly on PEI but time in Fredericton as well. Love the trails in both places. But with COWS being only on PEI and Clora's in both places.... well you see where this going..... yes we ride to EAT! Enjoy
Likes For DowneasTTer:
Old 04-25-19, 01:03 PM
RayzeR87

Bikes: Unknown

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome!
Likes For RayzeR87:
Old 04-25-19, 01:10 PM
KrowNB

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DowneasTTer
Welcome from another oldie, 69 (70 next month). Where in NB do you live? My wife and I lived in Maine (about 1 hour from the border ) for 62 years now in North Central Fl where we can ride all winter and avoid both the mud and black fly seasons. However we spend most of the summer in Atlantic Canada mostly on PEI but time in Fredericton as well. Love the trails in both places. But with COWS being only on PEI and Clora's in both places.... well you see where this going..... yes we ride to EAT! Enjoy
Hi, DowneasTTer. I'm in Grand Bay-Westfield, just outside of Saint John. We have a trailer and for the past few years have spent a couple of weeks in both Maine and PEI.
Old 04-25-19, 01:13 PM
DowneasTTer

Bikes: 2022 LiteSpeed CHEROHALA CITY, 2019 Canyon Roadlite 9.0 CF LTD, 2015 Giant FastRoad CoMax 1, 2001 Mongoose Pro Triomphe,

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 50 Posts
Originally Posted by KrowNB
Hi, DowneasTTer. I'm in Grand Bay-Westfield, just outside of Saint John. We have a trailer and for the past few years have spent a couple of weeks in both Maine and PEI.
Now you need to travel with the RV and bikes.... I know riding in the winter is NB is a bummer. So come on down. Many Canadians winter around here in North Central Fl. There are all kinds of rail trails to ride, water to kayak and fish on, and great riding weather all winter long.
Old 04-25-19, 05:28 PM
KrowNB

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DowneasTTer
Now you need to travel with the RV and bikes.... I know riding in the winter is NB is a bummer. So come on down. Many Canadians winter around here in North Central Fl. There are all kinds of rail trails to ride, water to kayak and fish on, and great riding weather all winter long.
We've been thinking about doing that the past couple of years. Maybe.
Old 04-25-19, 05:56 PM
ebitDUH

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
how exciting its going to be to see your cardio grow! very cool
Likes For ebitDUH: