Long Distance Competition/Ultracycling, Randonneuring and Endurance Cycling Do you enjoy centuries, double centuries, brevets, randonnees, and 24-hour time trials? Share ride reports, and exchange training, equipment, and nutrition information specific to long distance cycling. This isn't for tours, this is for endurance events cycling

PBP controls

Old 07-13-19, 07:32 AM
alois

Bikes: Avaghon series 28; Fuji Touring 2016; Santos Travelmaster 2.8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
The more I am reading about the controls at PBP I get the impression that I will be better of only getting my stamp there and getting my food elsewhere (if it's not in the middle of the night). It will be my first PBP so I'm trying to find out what the best strategy is. I have the advantage of knowing France and its food reasonably well, so I more ore less know where to find what kind of food.
Old 07-13-19, 07:35 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 29 Posts
That's a good strategy, but of course you are already stopped at the controls, so eating there might save time. The riders spread out over time, so later in the ride the lines aren't as long. Lines can be long at businesses along the route too, and you never know how fast they are going to be.

Do you have any words about where you might eat if not at the controls? What about water?