Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Litepro and FnHon frames

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Litepro and FnHon frames

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-18, 06:59 PM
Abu Mahendra

Bikes: In service - FSIR Spin 3.0, Bannard Sunny minivelo, Dahon Dash Altena folder. Several others in construction or temporarily decommissioned.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 897 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 17 Posts
Litepro and FnHon frames

In order to add to the knowledge base of this channel, to widen often parochial, elitist perspectives on folding bikes, particularly solid low-price, value gear, I am sharing here some of the framesets easily available in many countries of Asia-Pacific. I list price to provide perspective. I have no commercial interests, direct or indirect in this. Just sharing, that's all.

Litepro/Crius Velocity
Al alloy, $150 frameset (2.8kg), 406/451 wheel

FnHon Gust
Chome-moly, frameset $275, 305/349 wheel

Litepro/Crius Master D
Al alloy, $150 frameset, 406/451 wheel, disk brake

None of these bikes require any proprietary parts. Handleposts, 74cm front OLD, etc. are all folding bike standard, Shimano Road/MTB standard plug-and-play. This, and the fact that you can buy a frame alone, means that you can customize to your heart's content without a price premium or a middleman. Chose the best or worst, the cheapest or priciest parts. It's all up to you. Their low price, the cutting out of the middleman, and non-proprietary nature means greater accesability, a democratization of the segment away from pricy boutique jobs, and a move from fringe to mainstream.

For those looking for solid complete bikes that don't cost an arm and a leg, and don't weigh a ton, you can look to the FSIR Spin line of bikes in 20" and 16" wheel sizes.

Spin 5.0

Spin 3.0

Last edited by Abu Mahendra; 07-16-18 at 07:16 PM.
Likes For Abu Mahendra:
Old 07-16-18, 07:27 PM
BromptonINrio
Stardust

Bikes: Dahon Curve Sturmey Archer Srf8; Brompton Sturmey Archer Srf8; Brompton M6r

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Abu Mahendra
In order to add to the knowledge base of this channel, to widen often parochial, elitist perspectives on folding bikes, particularly solid low-price, value gear, I am sharing here some of the framesets easily available in many countries of Asia-Pacific. I list price to provide perspective. I have no commercial interests, direct or indirect in this. Just sharing, that's all.

Litepro/Crius Velocity
Al alloy, $150 frameset (2.8kg), 406/451 wheel

FnHon Gust
Chome-moly, frameset $275, 305/349 wheel

Litepro/Crius Master D
Al alloy, $150 frameset, 406/451 wheel, disk brake

None of these bikes require any proprietary parts. Handleposts, 74cm front OLD, etc. are all folding bike standard, Shimano Road/MTB standard plug-and-play. This, and the fact that you can buy a frame alone, means that you can customize to your heart's content without a price premium or a middleman. Chose the best or worst, the cheapest or priciest parts. It's all up to you. Their low price, the cutting out of the middleman, and non-proprietary nature means greater accesability, a democratization of the segment away from pricy boutique jobs, and a move from fringe to mainstream.

For those looking for solid complete bikes that don't cost an arm and a leg, and don't weigh a ton, you can look to the FSIR Spin line of bikes in 20" and 16" wheel sizes.

Spin 5.0

Spin 3.0
beautifull bikes! Fair priced!
Old 07-16-18, 07:41 PM
BCATC

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Other than Solorock being the US equivalent to Fsir, do you happen to know how to source the other frames in the US? Best I could find for the Fnhon is TaoBao or Aliexpress. There's also Fsir listed on Taobao but a full bike would cost a lot to ship... though their disc version of the Spin 5.0 looks very enticing.
Old 07-16-18, 08:32 PM
Abu Mahendra

Bikes: In service - FSIR Spin 3.0, Bannard Sunny minivelo, Dahon Dash Altena folder. Several others in construction or temporarily decommissioned.

Originally Posted by BCATC
Other than Solorock being the US equivalent to Fsir, do you happen to know how to source the other frames in the US? Best I could find for the Fnhon is TaoBao or Aliexpress. There's also Fsir listed on Taobao but a full bike would cost a lot to ship... though their disc version of the Spin 5.0 looks very enticing.
You may wish to check with ThorUSA. They have dabbled in Litepro/Crius framesets.
Old 07-16-18, 08:51 PM
Abu Mahendra

FSIR Spin pricing

I forgot to include pricing for the FSIR Spin bikes. I bought a Spin 5.0 for THB17,800, roughly USD590.

I stripped most of the parts and wheels, sold them off, and recouped USD250. Net cost for frame, fork, headset, handlepost, seatpost collars, seatpost, about USD350. I then reinvested about USD350 in a hand-built wheelset, a SLX/Zee 1x drivetrain and Avid brakes, Ergon grips. For about USD700 net, I have a relatively light (9.5kg/20.9lbs), quality, non-proprietary components, customized bike which has withstood the rigors of touring, and folds well enough for occasional rail/bus/plane travel.

I bought a Spin 3.0 from an importer in Indonesia. I paid about USD600 with shipment to Bali. But they can be had for as low as USD460 in Bangkok.

Again, this is FYI only.

Last edited by Abu Mahendra; 07-17-18 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-16-18, 10:02 PM
pinholecam

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked 146 Times in 96 Posts
I have to say that South East Asia does have access to a lot more folding bike options.
Add to this the access and cheap shipping from Taobao/AliExpress, the bikes/parts can be had for really good prices.

I looked at the CRUIS MasterV and Velocity a few years back when looking for a 20" folder.
Looked comparable to Tern/Dahon for cheaper.
Bought a CRIUS 14" Smart3.0 folder and I've been satisfied with the quality so far after about 2yrs.

Is Indonesia and Thailand cheaper than Singapore?
Old 07-16-18, 10:34 PM
Abu Mahendra

Originally Posted by pinholecam

Is Indonesia and Thailand cheaper than Singapore?
Indonesia has rather high import duties. Singapore is more expensive, but its lower duties, more advanced commercial system and proximity (geographically, linguistically/culturally) to China contribute to offsetting the price differences. Overall, though, Thailand is the better of the bunch.
Old 07-17-18, 05:18 AM
pinholecam

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked 146 Times in 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Abu Mahendra
Indonesia has rather high import duties. Singapore is more expensive, but its lower duties, more advanced commercial system and proximity (geographically, linguistically/culturally) to China contribute to offsetting the price differences. Overall, though, Thailand is the better of the bunch.
Thanks for the information.

Do you have any shops in Bangkok that you tend to go to?
I don't visit Bangkok that often, but it would be nice to drop by one of these shops to see whats available.
Old 07-17-18, 07:37 AM
Abu Mahendra

Originally Posted by pinholecam
Thanks for the information.

Do you have any shops in Bangkok that you tend to go to?
I don't visit Bangkok that often, but it would be nice to drop by one of these shops to see whats available.
Check out my The Bikes of Bangkok thread from early last year. Regrettably HyperBike has closed down, and 60Bike is closing down soon.
Old 08-12-18, 03:53 AM
Abu Mahendra

Measured weight - Litepro Velocity & Master V framesets

Litepro Master V - 2,694 grams

Litepro Velocity - 2,808 grams
Old 08-14-18, 02:02 AM
GTA

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 79 Times in 37 Posts
I' am in contact with some of the main folding bike frame manufactories in China. Regarding the mentioned brands, FSIR, CRIUS, LITEPRO, FNHON...... if you guys have any question, I would like to help you to get more information.
Old 08-14-18, 02:24 AM
Abu Mahendra

Originally Posted by GTA
I' am in contact with some of the main folding bike frame manufactories in China. Regarding the mentioned brands, FSIR, CRIUS, LITEPRO, FNHON...... if you guys have any question, I would like to help you to get more information.
Awesome, thanks.

Last edited by Abu Mahendra; 08-20-18 at 01:47 AM.
Old 08-18-18, 12:00 AM
Abu Mahendra

FnHon Monsoon Y2018
406/451 wheels

Last edited by Abu Mahendra; 08-20-18 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-20-18, 12:22 AM
Abu Mahendra

FnHon Monsoon Y2018 406/451 (silver/black) vs. Monsoon Y1818 355 (gold)

Last edited by Abu Mahendra; 08-20-18 at 04:48 AM.
Old 08-20-18, 01:52 AM
Abu Mahendra

FnHon Blast in polished silver
406/451 wheels
2,600g

Last edited by Abu Mahendra; 08-21-18 at 04:21 AM.
Old 08-20-18, 03:17 PM
Hinge

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Great pics and info. Thanks for posting
Old 08-20-18, 03:22 PM
rhenning

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 80 Posts
ABU are you selling these now? You seem a bit fixated on them resently. Roger
Old 08-20-18, 05:21 PM
Abu Mahendra

Originally Posted by rhenning
ABU are you selling these now? You seem a bit fixated on them resently. Roger
Did you read the header to the original post? It seems that you did not. Here it is, again:

"In order to add to the knowledge base of this channel, to widen often parochial, elitist perspectives on folding bikes, particularly solid low-price, value gear, I am sharing here some of the framesets easily available in many countries of Asia-Pacific. I list price to provide perspective. I have no commercial interests, direct or indirect in this. Just sharing, that's all."

If you have any objections or concerns about this thread, I encourage you to bring it to the attention of the moderators. Thanks.

Last edited by Abu Mahendra; 08-21-18 at 01:43 AM.
Old 08-21-18, 10:04 AM
Kevinator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow these are awesome!! Exactly what I've been looking for...nice folding frames for major mods!

This is my folding ebike project from 9 yrs ago. Bought the Dahon Boardwalk S1 mainly for it's chromoly frame, as opposed to it's low price, because the more expensive folders were aluminum. I needed the chromoly so I could spread the fork and dropouts for my custom wheels. I would have bought one of these LitePro frames if they had been available. Love my Boardwalk, but there's a few things I've been wanting to upgrade still, like the stupid 1 piece non-adjustable stem/handlebar (considered non-standard even to Dahon lol). Hate the fact that most upgrades require permanent mods.

Kevinator's Dahon Boardwalk S1 - modified

Kevinator's Dahon Boardwalk S1 - modified
Old 08-24-18, 06:59 PM
Abu Mahendra

Game changer

The availability of affordable framesets is, as I've said before, a game changer. It frees one from the choice of components made by the manufacturer, cirvcumvents expensive dealer customization premiums, democratizes the segment, and allows for creative builds based on very personal needs and whims. Here's an example of an unique build based on a FnHon Monsoon. The build not for me, but i appreciate what the builder has done.

Last edited by Abu Mahendra; 08-28-18 at 10:28 PM.
Likes For Abu Mahendra:
Old 09-26-18, 01:48 AM
andh1ka

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by GTA
Litepro and Fnhon looked to have the same design reference, but the pricing is a bit higher with Fnhon. Is there any significant differences in build quality or material between the two ?
Old 09-26-18, 03:38 AM
GTA

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 79 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by andh1ka
Litepro and Fnhon looked to have the same design reference, but the pricing is a bit higher with Fnhon. Is there any significant differences in build quality or material between the two ?
Both are with decent quality and material. Just chose the cheaper one.
Old 09-26-18, 06:31 AM
andh1ka

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by GTA
Both are with decent quality and material. Just chose the cheaper one.
great! Thanks for the info
Old 11-03-18, 03:03 PM
bartsav

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GTA
Great to know that. I would like to buy in spring one or two fnhon bikes (Blast frame, 18 speed, vbrakes) but I live in EU so the question is if they could produce such bikes for me and ship to Europe with their own way to avoid 23% VAT and customs.
Old 11-03-18, 05:39 PM
BCATC

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by bartsav

Great to know that. I would like to buy in spring one or two fnhon bikes (Blast frame, 18 speed, vbrakes) but I live in EU so the question is if they could produce such bikes for me and ship to Europe with their own way to avoid 23% VAT and customs.
You might have luck with using Taobao. I just recently purchased an FSIR frame and a bunch of Litepro parts through a shopping agent. Just bear in mind that these agents have no clue about bikes and you can only judge so much by the pictures they send you. My frame was fairly seized where it folds, had dings and chips on the paint, and I just discovered the V-brake bosses on the rear have rust on them.
Likes For BCATC:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.