Notices
Adaptive Cycling: Handcycles, Amputee Adaptation, Visual Impairment, and Other Needs Have a need for adaptive equipment to ride to compensate for a disability or loss of limb or function? This area is for discussion among those of us in the cycling world that are coming back from traumatic circumstances and tell the world, "No, you are not going to beat me down!"

Lumbar Pain......

Old 12-01-18, 08:22 AM
CrowSeph

Bikes: BMC SLR01; Cannondale Trail; Lot's of project and vintage bikes..

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked 165 Times in 101 Posts
Unhappy Lumbar Pain......

First! Sorry if this place is not the right one , i really need your help.
One year from now (almost some month after i got a new job) , i remember correctly when it start to hurt so much...
I need to admin my work is not that great , not for the work itself but for the people around they are really toxic to me. The day when my back hurts a lot i was moving some motor oil until something is happened and start my inside rage , i acted normally but when i was on rage i maked an huge weight lift with some box of this damn motor oil... the pain started and still today sometimes is really painful.
Pain is located around the lumbar area (L1-L5)

May 2018:
Done x-rays into the local hospital but the guy who did it forgot to give me the report. He just told me i have a starting herniated to the disc.
My personal medic did not accept the x-rays since whitout the report he can't do anything (not even take a look).

July 2018:
I started at gym with some benefits but sometimes still hurt A LOT! when i came back after a ride i need to lie down to the floor to calm a bit the pain.
Sometimes the pain is still active for days or weeks....

Nov 2018:
I took another x-rays with report this time , with the hip bone and legs alignment and everything is fine eccept for a dorsal scoliosis.
My medic sayd the samne things , do not lift weight and other similar stuff. But one thing is changed , somehow i don't have hernia anymore but just scoliosis (and that sound strange to me).

My personal trainer noticed first a bit of scoliosis , and make me the right training and now even with the update report i can still do the training.
He said , there is nothing you can worry about it but you need to work in order keep my back like this and whitout any worsening.

I want to get rid of this pain and be as i was before , i don't want to make more x-rays since they are a lot of radiation i don't needed.

My question are:
- What i can do next for knowing the reason of this pain?
- As you can see in the link below , i have that hernia or not?
- Is possible that with a dorsal scoliosis i have a lombar pain?

May/18 xrays: https://i.postimg.cc/y8F8FJPD/IMG-20181201-143850.jpg
Nov/18 xrays: https://i.postimg.cc/J4HnzYHc/IMG-20181201-143801.jpg
Old 12-31-18, 02:29 AM
blue192

Bikes: Norco Scene 1, Khs Westwood, Jamis Allegro 3x

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked 74 Times in 47 Posts
If you are having lower back pain then I would wager a 90% chance it is either L5-S1 or L4-L5. I went through this personally and found proper stretching and non weight bearing exercises helped quite a bit. Also swimming helped out a lot as well.
Old 12-31-18, 04:29 AM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by CrowSeph
First! Sorry if this place is not the right one , i really need your help.
One year from now (almost some month after i got a new job) , i remember correctly when it start to hurt so much...
I need to admin my work is not that great , not for the work itself but for the people around they are really toxic to me. The day when my back hurts a lot i was moving some motor oil until something is happened and start my inside rage , i acted normally but when i was on rage i maked an huge weight lift with some box of this damn motor oil... the pain started and still today sometimes is really painful.
Pain is located around the lumbar area (L1-L5)

May 2018:
Done x-rays into the local hospital but the guy who did it forgot to give me the report. He just told me i have a starting herniated to the disc.
My personal medic did not accept the x-rays since whitout the report he can't do anything (not even take a look).

July 2018:
I started at gym with some benefits but sometimes still hurt A LOT! when i came back after a ride i need to lie down to the floor to calm a bit the pain.
Sometimes the pain is still active for days or weeks....

Nov 2018:
I took another x-rays with report this time , with the hip bone and legs alignment and everything is fine eccept for a dorsal scoliosis.
My medic sayd the samne things , do not lift weight and other similar stuff. But one thing is changed , somehow i don't have hernia anymore but just scoliosis (and that sound strange to me).

My personal trainer noticed first a bit of scoliosis , and make me the right training and now even with the update report i can still do the training.
He said , there is nothing you can worry about it but you need to work in order keep my back like this and whitout any worsening.

I want to get rid of this pain and be as i was before , i don't want to make more x-rays since they are a lot of radiation i don't needed.

My question are:
- What i can do next for knowing the reason of this pain?
- As you can see in the link below , i have that hernia or not?
- Is possible that with a dorsal scoliosis i have a lombar pain?

May/18 xrays: https://i.postimg.cc/y8F8FJPD/IMG-20181201-143850.jpg
Nov/18 xrays: https://i.postimg.cc/J4HnzYHc/IMG-20181201-143801.jpg
First, do what your doctor says. Now that that's said, a full disclosure: if I followed my doctor's advice I'd be a pathetic lump of flesh sitting around by the wayside waiting for somebody to come by and help me get up.

You need to understand that all medical practitioners have liability, and so will always err on the side of caution. That means the will tell you what's safe for them, not what's best for your.

Thing is, there's always some uncertainty in any choice you make. So no solution is perfectly safe and without risk. Sill, you're an adult, and have to make the final decision of what's good for you. Do your research, and get a second or even a third opinion. Then make your own decision.

In my opinion, there's still a lot of quackery in modern medicine. Fortunately, I know how my body responds and was able to do my own rehab and get my body up and running again to where it was before. The good news out of all of this is that back pain (particularly lower back pain) is likely the most common ailments known to man after the headache.

Almost everyone alive will suffer from lower back pain at one time or another in their life. It can be cause from something as serious as a genetic dysfunction or as simple as a bad mattress. But finding out which is which is your responsibility.

Nevertheless, thanks to a regular exercise program, I was able to fix mine and haven't had any severe lower back issues in over 5 years. As for upper back and shoulder pain, I'm still working on that one. Good luck.
Old 12-31-18, 07:30 AM
CrowSeph

Bikes: BMC SLR01; Cannondale Trail; Lot's of project and vintage bikes..

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked 165 Times in 101 Posts
Thank you very much.