Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > BMX
Reload this Page >

Difference between 83 Mongoose Expert 83 Hutch Pro Racer

Notices
BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

Old 10-17-20, 12:43 PM
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!

Location: My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"

Bikes: to many to list

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 56 Times in 31 Posts

Can someone tell me the difference between an 83 Mongoose Expert frame and an 83 Hutch Pro Racer frame? Only because they look so similar.
You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve
Old 10-23-20, 12:25 PM
chevron envy

Bikes: 95 Giant ATX 760

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Well, the most obvious would be the brake bridge being stamped "Hutch". The dropouts aren't very similar either, plus the Expert frame would have a shorter top tube.
Likes For chevron envy:
Old 11-06-20, 07:17 PM
Gooters

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts
have pictures?
Old 11-11-20, 07:06 PM
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!

Location: My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"

Originally Posted by Gooters
have pictures?
I’m sure I do...
You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve
Old 11-11-20, 07:12 PM
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!

Here ya go...
Old 11-16-20, 12:15 PM
chevron envy

Bikes: 95 Giant ATX 760

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
That is most definitely a Mongoose frame and fork. Hutch dropouts are solid on both the frame and forks, and in a completely different configuration on the forks. I hope that helps.

That's a REALLY nice Mongoose. That stem is worth a mint too! Can't tell which bars they are but they could be worth some money as well.