Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Northeast
Reload this Page >

Good Westchester Ride Today...

Search
Notices
Northeast Connecticut | Maine | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York |Rhode Island | Vermont |

Good Westchester Ride Today...

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-20, 06:59 PM
Papa Tom

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 863 Post(s)
Liked 234 Times in 136 Posts
Thank you, Larry and Jarrett. I may take off a day this week to do this.
Old 10-24-20, 08:46 PM
Papa Tom

I seem to remember a parking lot for the NCT right around Warehouse Lane. Is that still there?
Old 10-25-20, 08:11 AM
dendawg

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Papa Tom
I seem to remember a parking lot for the NCT right around Warehouse Lane. Is that still there?
I know the Sam's club there has a huge parking lot where you might get away with parking. I was wondering about the parking lots in VanCortland park. Are those OK to use for the trail? There are some by the golf course, and another across moshlu parkway by the ball fields looking at a map. For the NC trail we usually park at the small lot in Millwood, or the one off the SawMill in Eastview. The lot in Eastview is only about 1 1/2 miles from the start in Elmsford. If you do start that far south there is still construction going on along the shoulder where the path runs along Rt 100
Old 10-25-20, 05:29 PM
Jarrettsin

Bikes: 2016 Trek FX7.4

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
The ones at Warehouse Ln are still there but it almost feels like your parking in that business parking lot. But with that large parking lot for Sam's Club no problem.
For Van Cortlandt there are 2 lots before the Golf house that are free and use-able
Old 10-25-20, 07:21 PM
Papa Tom

Originally Posted by Jarrettsin
The ones at Warehouse Ln are still there but it almost feels like your parking in that business parking lot. But with that large parking lot for Sam's Club no problem.
For Van Cortlandt there are 2 lots before the Golf house that are free and use-able
I'm thinking of using the Eastview lot. That's the one adjacent to what they used to call "Tarrytown Lakes," right?
Old 10-25-20, 09:58 PM
UniChris

Bikes: 36" Unicycle, winter knock-around hybrid bike

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked 393 Times in 282 Posts
Originally Posted by Papa Tom
I'm thinking of using the Eastview lot. That's the one adjacent to what they used to call "Tarrytown Lakes," right?
The Eastview lot is on the main NCT (arguably SCT/NCT junction) just south of the fork that goes to the lakes. The first of the lakes is across the main road, the next and the actual parking lot for the lakes are most of a mile west of the NCT along the lakes spur.
Old 10-26-20, 05:24 AM
dendawg

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by UniChris
The Eastview lot is on the main NCT (arguably SCT/NCT junction) just south of the fork that goes to the lakes. The first of the lakes is across the main road, the next and the actual parking lot for the lakes are most of a mile west of the NCT along the lakes spur.
When driving north from NYC on the Sawmill as you get off exit 23 take the first right turn into the parking lot that is right along the trail.If you shold somehow miss it you can turn left at the light and there is another parking lot just past the parkway on your right.
Old 10-26-20, 06:49 PM
Papa Tom

Originally Posted by dendawg
When driving north from NYC on the Sawmill as you get off exit 23 take the first right turn into the parking lot that is right along the trail.If you shold somehow miss it you can turn left at the light and there is another parking lot just past the parkway on your right.
I think we are all talking about the same place. I used to park and ride out of there all the time, but I haven't done it in years. My recollection is of the lakes being right across from the parking lot, but I guess my memory is faulty!

Thanks, all. Unfortunately, one of the employees in my department just tested positive for you-know-what and several workers who were close to him all last week have been quarantined. This means we are operating with a skeleton crew for the time being, and I don't know if I will be able to take days off to ride this week.