Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southern California
Reload this Page >

Today: first ride since July 6th

Notices
Southern California Southern California

Old 10-19-20, 06:40 PM
TakingMyTime

Bikes: Canyon Endurace

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1041 Post(s)
Liked 922 Times in 539 Posts

First ride in a little over 3 months. Only about 5 miles but it was so nice to be back out again. My injuries took a bit longer to heal (old age) than I would have liked, but it looks like I can start riding again (Doctor said bones in my hand had healed).

I still have a fair amount of pain in my right wrist and hand but it appeared to respond quite well to the ride today. I really just need to build up the strength and flexibility now. Because of this pain I think I might be limited to 10 miles and under for a little while (everything starts to throb after a couple miles), but at least I'm back out!
Likes For TakingMyTime:
Old 10-19-20, 07:00 PM
CAT7RDR

Bikes: 1999 Schwinn Peloton Ultegra 10, Kestrel RT-1000 Ultegra, Trek Marlin 6 Deore 29'er

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 822 Post(s)
Liked 1,955 Times in 941 Posts
You will be back on Santiago Cyn Rd again in no time. Thanks TMT for the update.
Old 10-19-20, 07:04 PM
Lemond1985
Sophomore Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 1,057 Times in 631 Posts
Good to hear. It seems like with me, a good ride at decent intensity really gets the old circulation going, and that combined with a little bouncing around, really seems to help me to heal up a lot quicker than I would ordinarily heal up, had I not ridden. I hope the miles do you some good. Keep your weight on the pedals, not your hands!
Old 10-19-20, 07:46 PM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1627 Post(s)
Liked 3,112 Times in 1,682 Posts
welcome back! just in time for the nice weather! i see what you did there...

letting the rest of us poor, miserable schlubbs slog it out in the heat and smoke.
Old 10-20-20, 08:15 AM
TakingMyTime

Bikes: Canyon Endurace

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1041 Post(s)
Liked 922 Times in 539 Posts
Thanks for the well-wishes, concern and encouragement. It's great to be back on the bike. I didn't want to post too much while I was off the bike and give the appearance of being a poser, lol. The "Crash" bike (Trek 7.4 FX) sustained virtually no damage other than the stem was knocked out of alignment. This morning the wife and I will be taking my first substantial ride (12 miles round trip) down to Seal Beach. Right now I'm using a very old helmet and I need to get to the LBS later today and get a new helmet. The old helmet sustained way too much damage to ever be used again.