Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Bucklos

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-23, 09:56 PM
Leinster

Bikes: MBK Super Mirage 1991, CAAD10, Yuba Mundo Lux, and a Cannondale Criterium Single Speed

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 297 Times in 207 Posts
Bucklos

Any good? It shows up on eBay any time I search for anything bike related.

Last edited by Leinster; 11-06-23 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-06-23, 10:40 PM
CrimsonEclipse

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 560 Post(s)
Liked 650 Times in 383 Posts
Originally Posted by Leinster
Any good? It shows up on eBay any time I search for anything bike related.
You get what you pay for.
The same part will show up under multiple manufacturer names.
Good luck
Post results
Old 11-06-23, 10:52 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4365 Post(s)
Liked 4,006 Times in 2,675 Posts
No but it is cheap stuff that is advertised. Have you ever heard of bucklos beyond those adverts? Have you ever seen it on a quality bike from the factory? The answer is no and you won't. If you really need a cheap low end fork SR Suntour makes stuff that is commonly spec'd on lower end bikes (though they also make some decent forks not something I would spec on my own bikes but not something that turned me away from a bike) or upgrade a tiny bit and get a Rockshox Judy, a well known well respected fork that has been around for decades.
Old 11-07-23, 02:26 AM
Leinster

Bikes: MBK Super Mirage 1991, CAAD10, Yuba Mundo Lux, and a Cannondale Criterium Single Speed

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 297 Times in 207 Posts
If I was getting a fork I’d go brand name, but the pedals would surely be harder for them to mess up…

I see stems and cranks, and those are surely just sticks…
Old 11-07-23, 04:55 AM
TiHabanero

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1746 Post(s)
Liked 1,376 Times in 721 Posts
Leinster, apparently Bucklos has found a way to screw pedals up. At the shop I saw two pair of them, and they both failed within a few weeks of purchase. They do not have ball or needle bearings, but are simply a bushing for the rotating surface. Honestly, they look nice, however the looks are decieving.
Likes For TiHabanero:
Old 11-07-23, 05:31 AM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,028 Times in 724 Posts
I picked up a set of pedals for a kick around bike, they've done ok. I've had to adjust the axle nut and regrease them. Mine has a bearing at the end of the axle and a bushing on the crank side of the spindle. Wouldn't buy them for anything I wanted to worry about relying on for long rides.
Old 11-07-23, 08:28 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked 824 Times in 623 Posts
I purchased an aluminum handlebar and it was light and strong. Lately their handlebar prices have increased, but fortunately I haven't needed another. I wouldn't purchase a suspension fork from Bucklos, but other parts, maybe. Also, I doubt they are a manufacturer, so you probably see their parts everywhere, just with different names (and from the quality of my handlebars, not on "wally" bikes).

Last edited by 2old; 11-07-23 at 08:34 AM.