Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Evelo I cannot ride: Sale or Trade

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-20, 03:12 PM
pgrudin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Evelo I cannot ride2 years ago I bought an Evelo bike, a good one. I have never been able to ride it. It turned out that I lack the flexibility to get on to an ride a bike that is not a step over. The Evelo was expensive, and I would like to be able sell it or to trade it in on something I could ride, like a step-over. Here are the specifics or the bike I bought: 1x Open Box White Aries w/NuVinci N380, 500W, 14.5Ah Extended Battery (Fully Loaded) for $2,999.00 each.

I live in SW Vermont.

Any advice you can give me will be appreciated.
Old 01-13-20, 03:19 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3662 Post(s)
Liked 5,408 Times in 2,747 Posts
https://www.bikeforums.net/general-c...nnot-ride.html
Old 01-16-20, 11:06 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2494 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
Originally Posted by pgrudin
Evelo I cannot ride2 years ago I bought an Evelo bike, a good one. I have never been able to ride it. It turned out that I lack the flexibility to get on to an ride a bike that is not a step over. The Evelo was expensive, and I would like to be able sell it or to trade it in on something I could ride, like a step-over. Here are the specifics or the bike I bought: 1x Open Box White Aries w/NuVinci N380, 500W, 14.5Ah Extended Battery (Fully Loaded) for $2,999.00 each.

I live in SW Vermont.

Any advice you can give me will be appreciated.
Ouch. That is a nice bike, but you have had it two years. Has the battery been on any kind of maintenance schedule? Probably not. The place where you bought it is where I would start with figuring out what the bike is worth. Then you put ads out and see who wants a lightly used e-bike. As you must know, mid-drive e-assist bikes are hot right now. That being said, at 60 y.o. I am not nearly as flexible as I used to be. I can still mount a standard bike. What do you mean by you lack the flexibility? It doesn't really require that much flexibility to get on a bike like that. I can mount my single bikes by standing next to them and easing my right leg over the seat completely straight. That is not possible with the tandems. I've got to put my leg right over the top tube. That takes some flexibility. Most step throughs aren't addressing flexibility so much as they are addressing a sub-market for those who wear restrictive clothing. I only ask because you are going to take a BIG hit on the re-sale price if you paid full price in the first place. 50% at minimum and possibly more if the battery needs to be replaced. You wouldn't have bought the bike if you knew you were too infirm to ride it. So you probably are not. Just saying.