Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Breaking some eggs...

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Breaking some eggs...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-20, 10:22 AM
billnuke1 

Bikes: Only my riders left...

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked 782 Times in 389 Posts
The double I found in Pennsylvania and picked up on vacation...The Schwinn single was in my neighborhood and traded for a Fuji S10 Mixte...the other Pro stand I bought in my area, along with the plate and a Park truing stand, and the Kaddie for $200. a buncha years ago, or at least a couple’a...the prs-13 came complete with the Kaddie and a whole big blue container full of Park tools, zip ties by the hand full, etc...I still get light headed when I think of when I opened up that container for the first time!
The owner actually had to call me to come and pick it up! I PayPal’d it the morning that we left for a 1.5-2 week drive...the portable stands were just seen in someone’s house, I asked about them, some were giving to me, others I offered a nominal fee just to get them being used again...I buy the clamps on eBay...I rebuild the older styles into the newer style to use in my outside bench mount stands...I made the mistake of putting one of the bench mount stands actually on my wooden bench to get out of the way...holy crap! Will you look at that...gonna have to experiment with that..

Last edited by billnuke1; 04-05-20 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Spellin’
Old 04-05-20, 10:56 AM
billnuke1 

Ahhhh...

Ahhhhh...getting back to the new normal...missed this terribly yesterday tuning up the first hook bike...back is very angry today...

This why I have tool dupes...not that I don’t need the exercise...

These fold downs are magnetic...

Nice and compact...
This is as much of a tool as any of my other tools...

Oh. Yeah. Harbor Freight. They lose their minds every once in a while and price these low enough to almost buy a spare...
Old 04-05-20, 12:54 PM
Rajflyboy
Banned.

Bikes: Orbea

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 917 Post(s)
Liked 205 Times in 170 Posts
Originally Posted by billnuke1
The double I found in Pennsylvania and picked up on vacation...The Schwinn single was in my neighborhood and traded for a Fuji S10 Mixte...the other Pro stand I bought in my area, along with the plate and a Park truing stand, and the Kaddie for $200. a buncha years ago, or at least a couple’a...the prs-13 came complete with the Kaddie and a whole big blue container full of Park tools, zip ties by the hand full, etc...I still get light headed when I think of when I opened up that container for the first time!
The owner actually had to call me to come and pick it up! I PayPal’d it the morning that we left for a 1.5-2 week drive...the portable stands were just seen in someone’s house, I asked about them, some were giving to me, others I offered a nominal fee just to get them being used again...I buy the clamps on eBay...I rebuild the older styles into the newer style to use in my outside bench mount stands...I made the mistake of putting one of the bench mount stands actually on my wooden bench to get out of the way...holy crap! Will you look at that...gonna have to experiment with that..

you are certainly very resourceful
Old 04-05-20, 01:34 PM
billnuke1 

Yup.

I’m a many generation Cape Codder...got lucky for sure on some of these...”Luck happens when preparedness meets opportunity...”...half the fun is the findin’ and securin’...
Old 05-03-20, 07:18 AM
billnuke1 

Still breaking eggs...

Still breaking eggs here...kinda phase 2, 3 or so...consolidating, categorizing stuff.
Removing two work carts and another rollaround today...these are heading upstairs... I’ve been bring bikes down to work on and have created room up here...also had a Boston buyer roar through here last weekend and opened up space everywhere! Also selling to local bike shop, who needed some used bikes...sold his stock...Craigslist is producing, too!
Anyhow, had these bench stands stuck everywhere...I’ve been converting the old style clamps to the new style clamps for a while now and finally pulled them all together!
I’ll still use these old style clamps on my outside benches, soon to be festooned with the bench stands...great for washing, quick adjustments, lubing, and general displaying...

Some of these were practically given to me...others bought pretty much for the price of a used clamp...plus other people are changing over to the newer style...

I’ve repaired and converted some of these away from the old spring clamps to the more frame friendly adjustable clamps...
Old 05-31-20, 08:56 PM
billnuke1 

Still cleaning up egg shells...

Still moving forward...

Finally cleaned up area between the benches...

Neatened for pics...

Parts for the present project...

Newest prs-20 stand folds down to almost nothing...with all of the accessories attached! Actually takes up quite a bit of room opened up...gotta make room for the swing man...

Quite a trip through the before to the now pictures...