Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Rochester NY

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-04, 04:58 PM
garywelch

Bikes: Gary Fisher Zebrano

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rochester NY

I consider myself a recreational cyclist although I ride more than most, over 5000 miles so far this year. I am a 55-year-old retired engineer and do most of my riding on local bike paths along the Erie Canal and Genesee River. The paths range from unpaved (stone dust) in good condition to paved in poor condition in spots. I have a 2003 Gary Fisher Zebrano hybrid and am quite happy with it.

I ride most days that weather allows (not in winter) but don't go on real long rides. I frequently take two rides in one day totaling over 50 miles. The most that I've ridden in one day is 66 miles.

The paths along the canal, particularly the unpaved section to the west, are about as flat as you can get. I do some moderate-speed road rides with friends and usually don't have much problem with moderate hills but generally prefer the paths.
Old 09-24-04, 08:59 PM
Trek Rider

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome fellow Rochesterian.
Old 09-25-04, 06:27 AM
ctyler
Badger Biker

Bikes: Cannondale Saeco CAD-3, Surly Cross Check

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I used to live in Rochester from 1970 to 1988. Didn't do too much riding but I did ride out to Mendon Ponds Park from RIT on Saturday and have ridden some of the Canal Path.

Welcome to the forums.