Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

vittoria rubino tech...

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

vittoria rubino tech...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-07, 06:47 AM
Humangirl

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
vittoria rubino tech...

i've heard the rubino pro is a good tire, but i've heard nothing on this one? anyone have any knowledge? i'm looking for an affordable tire with some puncture resistance, so if anyone has anything else to reccomend, i'd appreciate it. i rely on my bike to make a living, so flats suck, but also....i's po'.

Old 07-08-07, 06:51 AM
barba

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have no particular experience with the techs, but probikekit.com is selling Rubino Pros for $21 each and Zaffiro Pros for $11 (both prices include shipping). Those seem like good prices. I have liked my Pros quite a bit.
Old 07-09-07, 10:26 AM
Crash Test
Dummy

Bikes: 2006 Litespeed Firenze

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Vittoria Rubino Pro Slick is a good tire but I tried the Vittoria Rubino Tech and hated it. The tire was so hard that the quality of my ride suffered. For example, if I hot a big bump my hands tended to fly off the handlebars! And that's on a titanium bike. Maybe it does have good puncture resistance but I would look elsewhere. Try the Continental Ultra Sport which is only about $15.
Old 07-09-07, 10:48 AM
gabiker

Bikes: Lemond Zurich, Specialized Stump Jumper, Soon to be Litespeed Solano

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have used nothing but the Rubino Pro Slicks for a few years now. Get them from Probikekit.com for $21 and never look back. They last a long time and have great puncture resistance.
Old 07-09-07, 12:08 PM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
The tech is a durable, heavy, low end tire for whom, I am not sure...it is quite inexpensive however. The Pro has a totally different carcass and regarded as one of the best training tires out there...what I ride in fact because of a number of factors...mostly ride, rolling resistance relative to puncture resistance. Spend just a bit more and get the Pros if staying in the Rubino Vittoria family...the Pro is a great value.
Old 07-09-07, 01:06 PM
KendallF

Bikes: Ever changing..as of 2-24-09: 2003 Giant TCR Team Once, Sampson titanium, 1992 Paramount Series 3, 2003 Cervelo P3, 70s Raleigh Record fixed gear, 70s Fuji SL-12 commuter, mid 90s Klein MTB. Plus two or three frames lurking, plus 5 wife/kids rides

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I ride the rubino tech as a super durable, flat proof training tire. They are the best for flat resistance I've tried, superior in my experience to even the Gatorskins. I also like the fact that they can be pumped to 140 psi (I weigh 180).

They are not a supple racing tire, but do seem to corner decently.