Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

Chinese 3t Scatto copy

Old 07-18-18, 08:54 AM
topflightpro

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1851 Post(s)
Liked 675 Times in 427 Posts
Saw this while looking around online: 7VRN Carbon track bar - Handlebars and Handlebar Stems - Velodrome - Brooks Cycles

I've heard mostly positive things about the 7VRN frame, which was a BT knockoff.
Old 07-22-18, 06:10 PM
queerpunk
aka mattio

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 35 Posts
fwiw, those scatto knock-offs seemed pretty popular at junior nats and masters nats.
Old 09-16-19, 11:46 PM
pamaguahiker 

Bikes: 2014 VeloOrange Campeur. late 90s Bianchi Cyclocross cro-mo frameset modified to touring, 1993 Bianchi Project 5, 80s Holdsworth Gemini Tandem

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by octopus magic
So do you guys ban small built frames from your tracks (eg Yamaguchi/Sachs/*insert whatever NJS frame builder)? Do you ban people with products that are from companies that no longer exist (Colossi)? Or no longer have support in the United States (eg Dolan)?

I'm not trying to say that knock off products are actually good, I'm saying that it's a very slippery slope with how small the bicycle industry actually is, and how difficult it would be to actually enforce any sort of standard without going down a route a la NJS certification.

No one managed to even get any money out of Spinergy with their 4 spokes IIRC.
Boy, I wish I stumbled on these threads earlier. My Colossi is a nightmare of junk. So many build and quality issues. I'm late to read this thread. I regretting my $ expenditure.