Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Utility Cycling
Reload this Page >

Used marketplace - Where to buy or sell utility bikes?

Notices
Utility Cycling Want to haul groceries, beer, maybe even your kids? You don't have to live car free to put your bike to use as a workhorse. Here's the place to share and learn about the bicycle as a utility vehicle.

Old 01-27-21, 12:45 AM
dubjbl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am new to this world, but have not really found a good place (online) to search for used cargo bikes (like Yuba Mundo or Surly's, non electric) for sale. Craigslist doesn't have much in my area, and I don't see a lot of activity in the marketplace here or classifieds on other forums. Am I just missing it somewhere? Or are the bikes in such high demand that it's just a weak market for used cargo bikes?
Old 01-27-21, 08:49 AM
alloo

Bikes: 2022 Priority Coast, 2022 Priority Current

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 99 Posts
Have you tried these guys? I'm not sure about the Cargobike but it doesnt hurt to try. Good Luck

https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/
Old 01-29-21, 07:58 AM
Geepig

Bikes: Romet Jubilat x 4, Wigry x 1, Turing x 1

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked 204 Times in 151 Posts
Originally Posted by dubjbl
Or are the bikes in such high demand that it's just a weak market for used cargo bikes?
That is possible, how long have you been looking? I saw a massive amount of my bikes of interest in the run up to Christmas and slightly beyond as people tried to make a buck, but it has been fairly dead for the month since then.
Old 02-03-21, 04:13 PM
Harhir

Bikes: Fahrradmanufaktur Trekking Bike, 2 x Lightning Phantom, bikeE AT, Radwagon3

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 72 Posts
It also depends where you live. I think in bicycle meccas such as the Northeast or Northwest of the US you can find used ones. I live in North Texas where cargo bikes are as rare as hen's teeth. I have never seen any in bike shops in my area and used ones hardly ever show up either. Maybe once or twice a year. People here don't use bikes to run errands.
You may need to do nationwide search but then shipping can become expensive. In addition many private sellers are not willing to go through the hassle of packing and shipping a bike.
Old 02-04-21, 09:34 AM
dubjbl

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks all for the insight. Might be seasonal but cargo bikes are immensely popular in my area (SF Bay area) so may also be low availability.
Old 02-26-21, 08:49 PM
Chris!

Bikes: Jamis renegade, surly big dummy, giant talon 29er

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 22 Posts
I looked for a used cargo bike for months. I need a XL frame and was never able to find one. I ended up getting a new big dummy and never looked back.