Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Recumbent exercise bike help

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-21, 09:54 AM
Bob1701

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi, I have recently bought a recumbent exercise bike and I must admit I have never used an exercise bike before, but I really enjoy it. The advice I would appreciate is with exercise bike apps. My recumbent exercise bike is only a basic one and won't connect with any apps, some look like they have an avatar riding a bike which you control the speed, but I don't know what equipment to get and which is the best app. I did find a cadence sensor attachment that fits to the pedal on Amazon but I don't know if it is compatible with all the apps.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Old 01-16-21, 09:39 AM
Ed Wiser

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 79 Posts
On Zwift you need at least a speed and can dance sensors.
this might help up.

Old 02-13-21, 03:36 PM
bjjoondo 

Bikes: 2011 ICE Sprint Special Edition

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 66 Posts
My wife and I also use a basic recumbent style trainer, a Gold's Gym 400 Ri, it does display, speed, watts, rpm's, time, etc. it's able to do a blue tooth connection to I-fit but sadly we can't afford the monthly charge so what we do is we ride along with YOU TUBE video's of bike rides using our smart phones. We have a small platform on top the the display unit that's actually made for a TABLET but works ok for holding the phone. This way we can use the video's which many have, speed, elevation showing on them and ride along!! We keep records of our stats (time, rpm's, max watts output, etc.) and post them manually into our MapmyFitness apps on our smart phones and I also manually input them to a website called: Bikejournal.com as a back up record. LOL, it's not as cool as most these guys and gals training set up's but it works well for us and we use it a LOT!! Were in a Artic Cold Front (temp right now is 8 F, with the windchill it's -12 F and will be this cold for several days so even a cheap cycle trainer is welcomed!

This is our Trainer!

Likes For bjjoondo:
Old 03-20-21, 09:43 AM
nlel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I nearly bought a cheap recumbent bike, but Amazon never despatched it after waiting nearly a week. So I cancelled my order and bought a bike locally instead. Ended up spending £ 569 on an upright model.
Old 10-14-21, 07:47 AM
Ed Wiser

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 79 Posts
The problem with using just the speed and cadence sensors. Is that you have not resistance going up a hill. You end up with other riders hating you as they are riding smart trainers that apply the resistance of a hill. While you can ride it will not be the complete experience. An will become old after awhile.