Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Roadie pump

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Roadie pump

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-21, 09:28 PM
downtube42

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Gen 3, Soma Fog Cutter, Focus Mares AL, Detroit Bikes Sparrow FG, Volae Team, Nimbus MUni

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked 2,063 Times in 1,081 Posts
Originally Posted by Doomrider74
The thumb doesn't lie
My thumb is calibrated for the days of 100psi tires. With wider lower pressure being the current thing, I'm in need of a recalibration 😂
Old 04-14-21, 07:06 AM
Hiro11

Bikes: 2022 Specialized Allez Sprint custom build, 2019 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0, 2018 Seven Mudhoney Pro custom build, 2017 Raleigh Stuntman, various others

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Liked 475 Times in 238 Posts
I run 28s tubeless on my road bike. I carry a Stan's Dart in my jersey pocket, and a tube, two 16g cartridges and a PDW Shiny Object inflator. The Shiny Object is great because it has a knob that allows you to easily control the flow.

One thing worth noting: with three years and nearly 15k miles of riding tubeless on the road, I've never flatted (knock wood, bless my tires with chicken bones, wave incense at my tires etc).
Likes For Hiro11:
Old 04-14-21, 07:35 AM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 989 Post(s)
Liked 586 Times in 440 Posts
Never had one, but I'd get a Lezyne if I were to buy one.
Old 04-14-21, 03:34 PM
sfrider 
Asleep at the bars

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked 203 Times in 135 Posts
Back when I carried a pump I was happy with the Road Morph G. But that was a long time ago in a galaxy far away. I haven't had a road flat in years with tubeless, and all I bring is a couple of CO2 carts in case a tire needs topping up from a puncture, which has happened a few time - or at least that has been my suspicion after noticing a slightly lower than normal tire. Of course it's also entirely possible I forgot to top it up before riding.
"This 7:48 cycling session burned 5933 calories. Speed up recovery by replacing them with a healthy snack." - Whoop