Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Trek Multitrack 750

Old 04-13-21, 03:22 PM
Dthalenberg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trek Multitrack 750

Hello! I was quoted $300 for a blue/white Trek 750. From what I've read this bike is pretty solid but it is probably 30 years old so I'm not sure if it's worth that much even with the current inflation of bike prices. Does anyone have any advice? I really liked the bike but I hate the idea of spending that much if it's not worth it.

Thank you!
Old 04-13-21, 03:41 PM
ClydeClydeson

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 581 Post(s)
Liked 921 Times in 518 Posts
They were good bikes. I don't know how long they made the 750 multitrack model, so it might be between 20 and 30 years old. I believe the lugged construction frames were made in Wisconsin and TIG welded frames were made in Taiwan.

One possible hiccup, esp. if you were planning any upgrades or parts swaps, is that many of those bikes were equipped with Suntour drivetrains, which were of good quality but (a) used the older style less durable freewheels instead of freehubs, and (b) are not really compatible with Shimano parts.

Bikes in a lot of places are going for a premium as supply chains are disrupted by COVID and drunken ship captains.
Old 04-13-21, 03:46 PM
MRT2

Bikes: 2012 Salsa Casseroll, 2009 Kona Blast

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 146 Posts
A couple of years ago I would have said offer them $150 and see if they take it, but used bike pricing has gone up recently. the 750 was at the top of the 7xx line, so had the better frame and components. We are talking mid 90s so if it hasn't recently been serviced, it might need some work so factor that in. Drivetrains on these bikes were 7 speed, so if something needs replacement, you should be able to find it for not too much money.