Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Triathlon
Reload this Page >

Post Your Tri Bike!

Notices
Triathlon Swim / Bike / Run your thing? Drop in our new triathlon forum for the latest in training & gear. From beginner to expert, and sprint to ironman.

Post Your Tri Bike!

Old 03-25-21, 04:54 PM
mikehuangsd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
You choose a decal yet for the disc? I've been posting in your Slowtwitch forum topic.
haha yeah that's me - I'm proud of this build, so i'm plastering it all over the internet.

I'm probably going to leave the disc all black for now - the look has grown on me.
Old 03-25-21, 05:29 PM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 713 Post(s)
Liked 733 Times in 450 Posts
Built this back in 2019, picture taken while doing setup test rides with flat pedals.
Likes For cat0020:
Old 04-02-21, 06:38 PM
NeedARealBike

Bikes: Cinelli Bootleg Hobo - Railway 2015

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by randyjawa
I have bought and given away, then bought again, then given away and bought again, but for the last time, this time. However, I have little idea of what I have or what its vintage might be.

Generally, I restrict my Bike Forums interest towards Classic and Vintage road bikes and I suppose that this Quintanno Roo "Q Road UL" could fall, almost, into the C & V class. None the less, I do intend to build it up and, to do so will require a bit of paint work. The paint is mostly good but there are issues with flaking and possible aluminum oxide beginning to form. The oxidation is not an issue, in my mind, as it is minor. But I want to clean the bike up and, perhaps, add it to my little stable.

With that in mind, I would like to ask if anyone knows where I could get a decal set for this old bike? Here are some pictures to help with ideas...

Nice I was looking at these on ebay. Found some good ones for around $500. I always wanted a nice tri bike with regular round tubes and curved fork.
Old 04-06-21, 06:08 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Threw on a triathlon style hydration setup for training rides, love the utility:
Likes For burnthesheep:
Old 12-20-21, 01:12 PM
ckelly_22

Bikes: Giant Contend AR 4, Specialized Crossroads 2.0, Quintana Roo Kilo

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts

2013 Quintana Roo Kilo
the most comfortable of my bikes and the most comfortable bike i have ever ridden
Old 07-10-22, 03:42 PM
Guff
Rode Rash

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Beautiful bike. I suggest you pop over to Slowrwitch.com (the triathlon forum) and post it there. The man running Slowrwitch.com is Dan Empfield - the same man who created the Quintana Roo bike and wetsuit brand. He sold the company to Saucony in 1995 but continued to manage the Bike division till 1999. This bike looks pre-1999.