Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Wahoo snap and changing to Thru axle

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-20, 12:50 PM
Lrdchaos

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts

I know wahoo sells a thru kit for the snap, but it’s hard to find at the moment. Can I run any thru axle trainer adaptor on the snap?
Old 12-03-20, 03:50 PM
frogmorton

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Lrdchaos
I know wahoo sells a thru kit for the snap, but it’s hard to find at the moment. Can I run any thru axle trainer adaptor on the snap?
I was running one from the Robert axle project for a while and it worked fine.
Likes For frogmorton:
Old 12-23-20, 03:42 PM
noOriginalNames

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I too have the Robert Axle Project axle for mine. I liked that more that the Wahoo offering because I didn't have to change anything on the trainer itself, which means my wife can still use her QR bike without any extra work, just take my bike off, and pop hers on. I had the Kurt trainer axle previously and it worked, but I had to rig up some extra spacers and washers to get it to fit, and then the whole assembly was so wide it barely fit in the jaws (?) of the trainer and was really tough to close. In a pinch you could do that, but I wouldn't recommend it.