Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

Need help figuring out correct size LeMond Washoe

Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Old 01-05-20, 06:21 PM
RNAV
Flyin' under the radar

Bikes: '15 LeMond Washoe custom painted, '06 LeMond Croix de fer custom painted, '18 Specialized Crux

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 23 Posts

I'm trying to find a used LeMond Washoe, but need to know what size bike will work for me. I've tried some online comparison tools, but get conflicting results.

Current setup:
57cm Lemond Croix de Fer
Saddle height: 78cm (measured from BB center, along seat tube, to top-of-saddle)
Saddle-to-bar drop: 5.2 cm (measured from top-of-saddle to top-of-handlebar)
+7 degree, 90mm stem w/35mm spacers underneath stem

Only thing I dislike about my current setup is that there isn't a whole lot of seat post exposed (but I'm comfortable). So I'm torn between a 57cm or 55cm Washoe. Depending on the calculator I use, I can run a 57cm Washoe with a +7, 90mm stem and 25mm spacers, or a 55cm Washoe with a +7, 100mm stem and 25mm spacers (calculator 1), or 55cm with +7, 100mm stem and 40mm spacers (calculator 2).

I covet your thoughts.

Thanks,
Lee
Old 01-09-20, 04:56 AM
Palmer

Bikes: Dawes Double Blue, Vision R-42 SWB, Bacchetta Giro, Lemond Maillot Jaune, Lemond Washoe, Holdsworth Special, Gitane Champion du Monde, Bob Jackson World Tour, Bianchi Professional, Nashbar C/Tour

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm 6' tall with a PBH of 33". I usually ride a 58 - 59 cm bike. My 57 Washoe fits like a glove.
Old 01-12-20, 08:26 AM
RNAV
Flyin' under the radar

Bikes: '15 LeMond Washoe custom painted, '06 LeMond Croix de fer custom painted, '18 Specialized Crux

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Palmer
I'm 6' tall with a PBH of 33". I usually ride a 58 - 59 cm bike. My 57 Washoe fits like a glove.
Thanks for your insight. I've got a slightly higher PBH than you, so I think that kicks out the 55 size. Now to try to find one for sale . . . .