Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Iyengar Yoga teacher - San Francisco

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-06, 12:41 PM
veloveloce
Iyengar Yoga Teacher

Bikes: Soulcraft Custom Road Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello Everyone,

A friend of mine introducted me to this forum. And, I'm excited to see what it brings (education, friends, fellow riding buddies, etc).

On 01 January 1994, I realized that there was more to life than: guzzling an expensive bottle of Robert Mondavi Chardonnay, being the belle of the ball, speaking of what others need to work on, and/or sitting daily in the same pose. So, I bought a 10 year old, El Dorado Bianchi Road Bike. And, I began a 6-month intense cycling training for a cycling event called the California AIDS Ride #2.

Since then, I have become an endurance cyclist & an Iyengar Yoga teacher. And the combination has kept me in top physical form and has provided me with a community of "healthy" friends and cycling buddies.

Please feel free to invite me to go cycling, attend my training rides, ask me questions about stretching techniques & cycling, and/or visit my yoga classes.

I look forward to what the future has in store.
Wishing the best of all possible worlds,
Iyengar Yoga Teacher,
10th Year, AIDS LifeCycle Cyclist, Cyclist,
tony eason
Old 08-04-06, 08:04 PM
USAZorro
Señor Member

Bikes: Mostly English - predominantly Raleighs

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 1491 Post(s)
Liked 1,089 Times in 637 Posts
Tony,

Welcome to Bike Forums. Living in Pennsylvania, it isn't going to be very practical for me to invite you on rides, or stop by your classes, but I have bookmarked your page of stretching techniques. It looks not only sensible, but something that might be possible for someone who has not been practicing yoga to actually accomplish. I am an aspiring endurance cyclist also, but the demands of family, work, church, etc. make the path a bit less than linear.

Every year, when it gets cold here, I do sort of miss living in Concord, CA (which we did from '89 - '92), though not commute.

Anyhow, I'm sure you'll find lots that will be helpful here, and it seems very obvious that what you have to share will be much appreciated.

Regards,

John
Old 08-04-06, 08:33 PM
KrisPistofferson
Immoderator

Bikes: Gary Fisher Simple City 8, Litespeed Obed

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
wow, it's good to have you here, and thanks for the links, (I've been inerested in getting into Iyengar yoga for a while.) I think you'll feel right at home on this forum.
Old 08-04-06, 08:58 PM
Serendipper 
(((Fully Awake)))

Location: ~Serenading with sensous soliloquies whilst singing supple sentences that are simultaneously suppling my sonnets with serenity serendipitously.~ -Serendipper

Bikes: Guerciotti Pista-Giant Carbon-Bridgestone300- Batavus Type Champion Road Bike, Specialized Hardrock Commuter, On-One The Gimp (SS Rigid MTB/hit by a truck)- Raleigh Sports 3-speed,Gatsby Scorcher, comming soon...The Penny Farthing Highwheel!

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I hope to be in the Bay next month. I'll look you up.

Welcome!
Old 08-04-06, 09:51 PM
A.troll
Ride Nekkid!

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome, from Bikeforum's favorite troll!