Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Hybrid to road bike or new road bike

Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Hybrid to road bike or new road bike

Old 08-12-19, 10:55 AM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2302 Post(s)
Liked 2,736 Times in 1,497 Posts
Originally Posted by Califmike2003
After a lot of research a lot of reading I found the bike I'm buying.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F282384924460

Very good guy is 100% positive review I've read about this brand of bike it's very good there's no issues of people having broken frames or nothing it just seems like a really good bike that you can no way get here in America for that price and has Shimano Sora groupset which is decent not the best but you could always upgraded but for $1,000 I don't think you can beat it and it's sick looking.

And he offers free shipping back if you don't like it that's pretty hard to beat.
dude, I get wanting things to look good. but too much focus on looks can be not a good deal

so you think it is better to buy from ebay from seller with only 147 feedbacks (even if they are 100%) who is located in hong kong where at best returns or issues will be difficult vs a brick and mortar shop in the US and a bike backed by a shop and a brand?

and fitting is important

graphics are easy, quality is not. as an example the rei bike has a ton better components than the bike you listed 11 speed 105 vs 9 speed sora representing a way better value

carbon frame and wheels are not automatically better

you can get pretty similar for $1000 from trek and specialized for comparison

trek domane al 3 $1119 Sora https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/b...?colorCode=red

specialized allez sport $1000 sora https://www.specialized.com/us/en/al...=237220-154238

you choice..... and I am pretty much at end of comments.... post pic s of what you end up with

Old 08-12-19, 12:46 PM
Califmike2003

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Sorry that you're at the end of your comments yeah those are good bikes that Trek and that specialized I've actually gone and looked at both of them and rode them.

There are loads of people building Chinese carbon fiber bicycles or buying ones that are already made no you don't have a store behind you and you have to be careful on your selection of size but you get a heck of a lot more bike then you'll get here for the same price.

Their loads of reviews of people buying the frames and building them themselves are buying ones are already put together and having zero issues people think just because it's Chinese but actually a lot of the well-known frames that are here in the Western United States are actually made in China.

Well-known big name bike companies stuff is made in China they're not going to tell you which factory makes it.

But they're basically using the same mold that's that's used to make some of the more popular big name bikes and then they put their own name on it.

Yes there's a lot of junk that comes out of China to Broken frames broken seatpost broken handlebars I'm fully aware of that.

Yeah it's a hassle to send it back but it's not going to cost you anything to send it back and I've been on other forms of people that have these bikes and I've had zero issues or if there's issues it's so such something minor.

I'm not saying it's for everybody but I wrote a couple Carbon Fiber bikes and their ride way different than aluminum bikes and to get a carbon fiber bike here you're shelling out several thousands of dollars.

Don't get upset if I don't pick the bike that you put a link to and try to force your agenda on me I appreciate everybody's advice and I've listened to everybody's advice but in the end it's my choice.

I just happen to like that bike and it seems like a good price maybe I'll get burned and I'll learn a hard lesson and then maybe I won't maybe I'll have a really good bike.

But like I said I appreciate every linked to every bike that every person on here I appreciate all your suggestions I thought about building my own but by the time you get a frame and all the stuff you could have just went and bought a bike a good frame is five or six hundred dollars so I don't think that's the way to go on my budget.

And I'm learning as I go but some people on here I'm not going to name names just seemed upset if I don't buy the bike they're suggesting like I said I've considered them all I've even gone and road bikes that have been suggested on here I rode that Trek Aluma 3 and I wrote the carbon fiber version of it carbon fiber version is way better than the aluminum version but it's $3,000.

I think if you know where to get stuff from China there are amazing deals to be had their loads of people riding around on Chinese bikes that are carbon fiber a very good quality and they're happy as can be.

So I guess at this point I'm done posting cuz I I guess people are getting upset I'll just post the pictures when I get it thanks for all your help I really appreciate it.
Old 08-12-19, 02:31 PM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Sorry that you're at the end of your comments yeah those are good bikes that Trek and that specialized I've actually gone and looked at both of them and rode them.

There are loads of people building Chinese carbon fiber bicycles or buying ones that are already made no you don't have a store behind you and you have to be careful on your selection of size but you get a heck of a lot more bike then you'll get here for the same price.

Their loads of reviews of people buying the frames and building them themselves are buying ones are already put together and having zero issues people think just because it's Chinese but actually a lot of the well-known frames that are here in the Western United States are actually made in China.

Well-known big name bike companies stuff is made in China they're not going to tell you which factory makes it.

But they're basically using the same mold that's that's used to make some of the more popular big name bikes and then they put their own name on it.

Yes there's a lot of junk that comes out of China to Broken frames broken seatpost broken handlebars I'm fully aware of that.

Yeah it's a hassle to send it back but it's not going to cost you anything to send it back and I've been on other forms of people that have these bikes and I've had zero issues or if there's issues it's so such something minor.

I'm not saying it's for everybody but I wrote a couple Carbon Fiber bikes and their ride way different than aluminum bikes and to get a carbon fiber bike here you're shelling out several thousands of dollars.

Don't get upset if I don't pick the bike that you put a link to and try to force your agenda on me I appreciate everybody's advice and I've listened to everybody's advice but in the end it's my choice.

I just happen to like that bike and it seems like a good price maybe I'll get burned and I'll learn a hard lesson and then maybe I won't maybe I'll have a really good bike.

But like I said I appreciate every linked to every bike that every person on here I appreciate all your suggestions I thought about building my own but by the time you get a frame and all the stuff you could have just went and bought a bike a good frame is five or six hundred dollars so I don't think that's the way to go on my budget.

And I'm learning as I go but some people on here I'm not going to name names just seemed upset if I don't buy the bike they're suggesting like I said I've considered them all I've even gone and road bikes that have been suggested on here I rode that Trek Aluma 3 and I wrote the carbon fiber version of it carbon fiber version is way better than the aluminum version but it's $3,000.

I think if you know where to get stuff from China there are amazing deals to be had their loads of people riding around on Chinese bikes that are carbon fiber a very good quality and they're happy as can be.

So I guess at this point I'm done posting cuz I I guess people are getting upset I'll just post the pictures when I get it thanks for all your help I really appreciate it.
Dude I am not upset..... just think I have added all of value I can information wise so you can make an informed decision

As always it is your choice. I have just seen more than a few people go for looks and then end up overall unhappy

and I am conservative on shops etc.

So no matter what you get please post a pick and ride report.

If you do get the bike you listed....save some money for tire upgrades.... the lithion 2 are not bad, I rode a pair into the ground but was amazed at the improvement when I went to Pro4...... vittoria corsa G are my current tires

Old 08-22-19, 01:00 PM
squirtdad

Got a 2015 Diamondback Century 2 in pretty good shape Shimano 105 groupset it's pretty clean I mean it needs a little cleaning up I spent $200 on it.

Can't figure out how to post a picture on here I traded some pictures of it.
cool....... if you look at at the tool bar there is a square icon with mountains just left of the smiley face icon Click that icon and it will let up either upload pics from your pc or use a link

Pics or it didn't happen