Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

The Placebo Effect in Action

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-19, 11:19 AM
AlmostTrick
Tortoise Wins by a Hare!

Bikes: Wabi Special FG, Raleigh Roper, Nashbar AL-1, Miyata One Hundred, '70 Schwinn Lemonator and More!!

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1549 Post(s)
Liked 941 Times in 504 Posts

I installed my new, lightweight wheel set yesterday. This morning about 6 miles into my 12 mile commute, I glance at my computer and noticed my average speed was up a bit. “Wow, these new wheels really do make me and my bike faster!” I thought to myself.

A minute or so later, I came to a realization and had to laugh. About a mile into my ride I noticed a new rattling sound. It turned out to be my cassette because I forgot to install the 1.85 spacer when setting up the new wheels. Doh! (hey, the lock ring was tight)

It was at that point I decided I better turn around, go home, and jump on a different bike. I was no longer riding the bike with the new wheels, yet for a few seconds I thought it was them making me faster.

Just think how fast they'll be once I'm actually riding them.
Likes For AlmostTrick: