Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

2001 Bianchi Eros

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

2001 Bianchi Eros

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-19, 11:45 AM
revcp 

Bikes: 2017 Salsa Carbon Mukluk frame built with XT, 2018 Kona Rove NRB build with Sram Apex 1,2008 Salsa El Mariachi, 1986 Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 65 Posts
2001 Bianchi Eros

Greetings, all. I have an opportunity to pick up a Bianchi Eros for about $250. In very good condition. The first year, I think, that was not a lugged frame. It looks like something odd has been done with the brake hoods to accommodate maybe a clumsy wrapping job, but I would guess new hoods are readily available. I think the asking price is reasonable, but I have no experience with Bianchis. What say you?

Old 08-21-19, 02:57 PM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Quoted: 7347 Post(s)
Liked 2,454 Times in 1,430 Posts
The bike looks terrific, and the price seems very low. Grab it, but make sure the seatpost and stem move, and make sure the bike fits.

I had a Bianchi Volpe, lower than this model, I think. It was Taiwan-made. The quality was impressive. Best paint I ever had on any bike. I'm impressed with the whole Bianchi line. It's the longest-running bike company in current existence.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
Old 08-21-19, 03:48 PM
revcp 

Bikes: 2017 Salsa Carbon Mukluk frame built with XT, 2018 Kona Rove NRB build with Sram Apex 1,2008 Salsa El Mariachi, 1986 Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
The bike looks terrific, and the price seems very low. Grab it, but make sure the seatpost and stem move, and make sure the bike fits.

I had a Bianchi Volpe, lower than this model, I think. It was Taiwan-made. The quality was impressive. Best paint I ever had on any bike. I'm impressed with the whole Bianchi line. It's the longest-running bike company in current existence.
Thanks for the thoughts, Tom.