Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

top of pages are cut off

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-19, 05:11 PM
philbob57

Bikes: frankenbike based on MKM frame

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked 611 Times in 376 Posts
top of pages are cut off

2 issues:

Displaying a thread list

Using a current Firefox under Windows 10 (pre-1903). When I'm in a list of threads in a Bike Forum (General Discussion of C&V or Road Cycling, etc.), if I select a thread that's high on the list, when I go back to the forum list via the browser's Back click, the top several threads are no longer displayed. If I click the 1st thread and then want the 3rd thread, I have to keep paging up.

Is there a setting I should change so I can go back to exactly the thread list that I started with?

Ads

Pages appear on my screen. Then the display gets messed up by the adds, which take up a LOT of screen space. Why not send the ads first?

Thanks.
Old 06-03-19, 05:26 PM
IBRyan
Retired -- Do not PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by philbob57
2 issues:

Displaying a thread list

Using a current Firefox under Windows 10 (pre-1903). When I'm in a list of threads in a Bike Forum (General Discussion of C&V or Road Cycling, etc.), if I select a thread that's high on the list, when I go back to the forum list via the browser's Back click, the top several threads are no longer displayed. If I click the 1st thread and then want the 3rd thread, I have to keep paging up.

Is there a setting I should change so I can go back to exactly the thread list that I started with?

Ads

Pages appear on my screen. Then the display gets messed up by the adds, which take up a LOT of screen space. Why not send the ads first?

Thanks.
Can you please send me screenshots of these two issues? Thank you.
Old 06-03-19, 05:43 PM
philbob57

Bikes: frankenbike based on MKM frame

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked 611 Times in 376 Posts
Thanks for your response. I can't send screen shots right now - I don't know how to do that.

Rather than learn, I did what I wish I had done in the first place: I signed onto Bikeforums via Opera. (I never figured out my password, so I had to pass on IE, and I will not use Edge.)

I can't reproduce the problem in a current version of Opera. I conclude it's Firefox that I have a beef with, not Bikeforums.

If you'd still like me to get the screen shots, I'll do it, but it will take a while. As a former tech, I can't imagine seeking problems out, though....

Thanks.

Phil Barry
Old 06-04-19, 09:23 AM
IBRyan
Retired -- Do not PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by philbob57
Thanks for your response. I can't send screen shots right now - I don't know how to do that.

Rather than learn, I did what I wish I had done in the first place: I signed onto Bikeforums via Opera. (I never figured out my password, so I had to pass on IE, and I will not use Edge.)

I can't reproduce the problem in a current version of Opera. I conclude it's Firefox that I have a beef with, not Bikeforums.

If you'd still like me to get the screen shots, I'll do it, but it will take a while. As a former tech, I can't imagine seeking problems out, though....

Thanks.

Phil Barry
Hi Phil! We have had multiple reports of people having issues with Firefox and it seemed to be fixed when they updated it. I am glad you can use another browser and it is working though.