Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Does anyone have any experience with the brand Snapcycle?

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-23, 06:24 AM
alwayswinter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i ordered a bike hasnt got here yet but having some doubts, supposedly is carried in a large number of bike shops however other than the better business bureau=bbb website isnt much on it other than youtubes and judgeme however i notice that one review was an exact copy word for word of the BBB's review so it kinda has me skeptical at this point, i already ordered it kinda got it mixed up with another one was researching so much and what not but i checked it with the bbb but overlooked that theyv only been accredited for the poast one year dont really want to reject package or send back if i dont need to as i know thered be some steep fees (and im disabled spinal cord inujury and what not and cant really afford to get stuck with no parts warranty or service on a 2thousand dollar order 1299 for the bike 499 for extra battery

also to though if i can verify is a good bike they offer an extended warranty but with the companny i think being new not sure i wanna do that and be out more money

does anyone own one of these or have any information bout it?
or does anyone own one or have a shop they carry them in that could provide some feedback?

(if it helps any for reference im in the USA and have/will have when it arrives the snapcycle r1)
thanks

Last edited by alwayswinter; 06-04-23 at 07:18 AM.
Old 06-04-23, 09:45 AM
TmMc

Bikes: 1983 Miyata 710, 1983 Koga Miyata Pro-Am-B, 1984 Koga Miyata Flyer, 1983 Univega Competizione, 1984 Univega SuperStrada, 1991 Bridgestone RB-2, 2014 Haibike euro-spec Superrace, 2015 Haibike RX29, 2018 Haibike AllMtn 8.0, 2018 Haibike Urban S 5.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 11 Posts
Snapcycle is one of a number of sales and distribution entities that import rebranded generic made-in-China (PRC) electric bicycles. These bicycles are sold and distributed by many others. None of these entities make these bicycles.

Snapcycle is headquartered in a leased suite in an industrial park in the upper Morena District, San Diego (I know that area). Their single +/- 2,000sf suite is where they receive and distribute their imports.

The electric bicycle industry is in an expansion phase, fueled largely by the flood of bikes made in China. As long as people keep buying these bikes, the market will remain inflated. If people ever become concerned with the quality and reliability of these bikes, and buy other bikes, then at some point the industry may contract.

And the first to disappear will be a number of these sales and distribution entities. Who knows whether Snapcycle will remain or disappear?

And then there’s the “ya get what ya pay for” saying. I am not saying to pay thousands of dollars for an over-priced whatever. There are mid-market electric bicycles that have manufacturers and distributors that stand behind their products. For instance I have three Bosch powered bikes that I know that I can get serviced and repaired as need be. Friends have Yamaha powered bikes and have the same level of confidence.
Likes For TmMc:
Old 06-04-23, 10:58 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 4427 Post(s)
Liked 4,072 Times in 2,715 Posts
Never heard of them but if you aren't a rich person that bike might be for a rich person, I would get something with Bosch, it will be initially more costly but will last a lot longer and have really excellent long lasting support (typically they try to support their products 11-16 years after they stop production) The only Bosch product I cannot really get parts and good support for is their Gen1 products which didn't come to the U.S. aside from people bringing them with them when they moved. However those are pretty old now but I can still get support and buy parts for the gen2 motors from bikes from 7 years ago and there are tons of those still on the road. Bosch support is truly excellent because any shop with a QBP account can get parts and support quite easily without much knowledge. If you call Bosch for help they will walk you through it all and it is frustrating to us because we know all the stuff and sometimes more than their level 2 folks but in the end it is great because they make sure of everything and a really careful partially because they have high standards but also because they want to know the issue and try and prevent it. Plus they are a well known company who make motors and batteries for all sorts of things so this is not really a big deal for them but they do take it quite seriously and I have ridden a lot of different e-bikes over the years and Bosch was the one I chose for my personal bike and a co-worker is building up an e-bike and he also went Bosch because we see them all daily and we know what is good and what is OK and what is bad and Bosch is good. We can have our pick from a lot of different bikes and motors from Shimano and Brose and Specialized and others and Bosch is the way.

TmMc said it really well.
Old 06-05-23, 06:47 AM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1129 Post(s)
Liked 857 Times in 599 Posts
For the price it looks good for what it is,...

Old 06-05-23, 09:38 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked 840 Times in 634 Posts
As above, these are generic bikes, but capable of good service over a long period of time since many on here have had the same good luck even with the next "lower" standard, DIY bikes.
Likes For 2old: