Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Got this inexpensive bike alarm/taillight/brake light/horn at Amazon the other day

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Got this inexpensive bike alarm/taillight/brake light/horn at Amazon the other day

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-21, 03:11 PM
stevepusser

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086QPS5QG...roduct_details

The main reason I bought it was the motion-activated alarm, but all the other features are nice, too. Allows for peace of mind when bike is locked outside of tent and you're asleep, but probably also will go off if raccoons try opening panniers to rifle through them, unless they are justly reincarnated safecrackers or something.

Works as advertised! Also seems to be available under several different brands on Amazon, too. Automatic on-off of the tail light and brake light also seems to work fine, as well as the dimming of the light under lower light conditions. The only thing I'm not really happy with are the three choices for the horn, none of which pedestrians here seem to associate with a bike asking them to please allow some passing room on the multiuse path, pleasethankyouverymuch, instead of a basketball game buzzer, a giant twitter bird, or some random beep boop.

However, the remote does allow for some amusement by using the buzzer to scare off crows that have started raiding your picnic table while you're hundreds of feet away...or confusing overly tame coyotes, or bewildering dogs that start looking for the giant bird that's twittering, all three of which I've done in the last 24 hours.
Old 08-06-21, 04:10 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18424 Post(s)
Liked 15,579 Times in 7,337 Posts
The light dims when it gets less light outside?
Old 08-07-21, 02:51 PM
stevepusser

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
The light dims when it gets less light outside?
As far as I can tell--if you use it as a safety blinker in daylight, it seems to be brighter than the same blinker setting at night. The auto-off setting for the blinker if no motion is detected for 30 seconds and automatic resume is another battery saving feature that works. I also found that you can enable the alarm while cruising on a bike path , and then ride along with the siren wailing if you want to see if kids will get out of the way of the "bike police". So it's a good replacement or addition to any existing tail light. There are also lots of cheaper tail lights on Amazon that don't have the horn or alarm or remote features, but have all the others.

Edit: this seems to be the same alarm thingy but from another vendor--the images advertise some sort of light sensor with automatic dimming: https://www.amazon.com/PADONOW-Smart...8YK4RYJD&psc=1

I just added this one, since I got a real nice deal on it in a combo with the XOSS G gps bike computer, and it's very lightweight and maybe even brighter during the day. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B094VSP8FL...roduct_details I'm going to try and rig up a helmet mount, but I'll have to check out how the automatic brake light feature works in that situation.

Last edited by stevepusser; 08-07-21 at 04:15 PM.