Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Background color change

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-18, 02:25 PM
Retired in Il

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Background color change

Would it be possible to change the page background color to a beige or muted carmel color to ease the bright white glare? The glare really gets to be to much much ot the time so my , and others, visits are shortened quite a bit.
Old 07-25-18, 09:38 AM
IBThomas
Banned.

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Bright, white glare? You might be using the old version of the sight. Scroll to the bottom of the page and check if you have "BikeForumsNG" selected in the drop down menu, it will change the background to a toned down grey color.
Old 07-25-18, 02:08 PM
Retired in Il

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
"Bright, white glare? You might be using the old version of the sight. Scroll to the bottom of the page and check if you have "BikeForumsNG" selected in the drop down menu, it will change the background to a toned down grey color."

FWIW, Sorry but light gray is not nearly as easy on the eyes as beige is by a wide margin. I can only stay here for about 15 min at a time.
Old 07-25-18, 07:20 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
Have you tried to find settings in your browser to aid you? Windows should have something like that or close.
Old 07-25-18, 08:29 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Quoted: 4806 Post(s)
Liked 3,928 Times in 2,553 Posts
Originally Posted by IBThomas
Bright, white glare? You might be using the old version of the sight. Scroll to the bottom of the page and check if you have "BikeForumsNG" selected in the drop down menu, it will change the background to a toned down grey color.
My screen looks nothing like that. I cannot even find that dropbox ou are talking about. Yesterday it looked like the old format, Today the topics take far more space, offer far less information and require 3 page downs just to see them all (vs one before). Not an inviting format.

I use a PC with Windows 7 and Firefox. I went to my other usual websites and nothing has changed.

Ben
Old 07-26-18, 09:54 AM
IBThomas
Banned.

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by 79pmooney
My screen looks nothing like that. I cannot even find that dropbox ou are talking about. Yesterday it looked like the old format, Today the topics take far more space, offer far less information and require 3 page downs just to see them all (vs one before). Not an inviting format.

I use a PC with Windows 7 and Firefox. I went to my other usual websites and nothing has changed.

Ben
Can you send me a screenshot of what the forums look like for you?
Old 07-27-18, 05:02 PM
Retired in Il

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rollfast
Have you tried to find settings in your browser to aid you? Windows should have something like that or close.
I run Mac's exclusivily................
Beige /sand color? Just sayin"
Old 07-27-18, 05:47 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
I use the cheese packet in mac for other things so offhand I would have to look that up.