Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Forum Suggestions & User Assistance
Reload this Page >

We need a Foo General Cycling

Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-18, 08:14 PM
spinnaker
Every day a winding road

Bikes: 2005 Cannondale SR500, 2008 Trek 7.3 FX, Jamis Aurora

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3394 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 46 Posts

General Cycling has been steadily getting harder and harder to read. I swear people just think up garbage like this and post.

https://www.bikeforums.net/general-c...-cyclists.html

What on earth does something like this have any bearing on cycling? How would anyone find the information from such thread useful?

There have been a number of similar threads started of late. Some of them, like the one above have been locked, which is appreciated but they should have never gotten into the forum in the first place.

Since people don't seem to want to think about the usefulness of the threads they start.. Can we please get a Foo cycling where nonsense posts like this can be tossed? General Cycling should be reserved for actual questions on cycling, not nonsense like cycling elitism, , bike slang or someone's political affiliation.
Old 08-10-18, 08:19 PM
spinnaker
Every day a winding road

Bikes: 2005 Cannondale SR500, 2008 Trek 7.3 FX, Jamis Aurora

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 3394 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 46 Posts
And yeah I guess I am guilty of feeding the trolls by participating in the reduce urination thread., Reducing urination? That is worthy of a discussion??
Old 08-12-18, 12:43 AM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
Just report the thread or particular geographic coordinates of the train wreck via the red exclamation button and it'll sell a million and two. No need to split hairs or hares, doc. Your friendly neighborhood moderators will rush out to fill it up and check the air.
Old 08-19-18, 10:00 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,406 Times in 900 Posts
Foo is for non cycling related chatter.

General cycling is for.. general topics regarding cycling.

If it's not something that should be in general, please report it and we will discuss how to handle it.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 08-31-18, 12:03 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18409 Post(s)
Liked 15,520 Times in 7,324 Posts
The trolls and troll threads in General are sometimes amusing, but more often than not they are uninventive. But they sure to sucker people in. P.T. Barnum was correct.