Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Enduro SL without Specialized suspension.

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-07, 06:36 AM
born2bahick
Official Website Waterboy

Bikes: a lot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I see a new offering for 08 from Specialized. The "Pitch" seems very similar to Enduro SL, but with different suspension components. Two models, one with platform valve shock and one without.
Old 09-24-07, 07:15 AM
ed 

Bikes: Hecklah

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Just b/c it's an '08 doesn't mean the "search" function won't help you...dadgum noob!!
https://bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=346007

I think it's similar to the Enduro SL, but when you look at the description of the frame...it appears that it's "supposed to be" a step in between the SL and the SX Trail. I'll do a bit more research. The only problem is that if you buy one...you'll need to buy 3. Your wifey will definately want one and I know I'm not riding with you again unless you hook me up.
Old 09-24-07, 07:19 AM
ed 

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Pitch frame:All new M4 Pitch frame, M4 tubing, double ORE downtube, DMD front derailleur mount, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable hanger, bolt on cable guides, 150mm travel

Enduro SL frame:Enduro M5 alloy, fully manipulated frame w/ ORE TT and DT, forged HT, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, ISCG mount adj. geometry, replaceable derailleur hanger, 150mm travel

Looks like the Pitch is M4 and the SL is M5. Pitch has a "double ORE" downtube...strength? SL has an ISCG mount.

I really like the blue one.

Old 09-24-07, 07:34 AM
born2bahick
Official Website Waterboy

Bikes: a lot

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=chelboed;5321945]Just b/c it's an '08 doesn't mean the "search" function won't help you...dadgum noob!!
https://bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=346007

Damn your hide!
Old 09-24-07, 08:16 AM
Rutnick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have enduro SL but they say mavic on them.

Originally Posted by born2bahick
I see a new offering for 08 from Specialized. The "Pitch" seems very similar to Enduro SL, but with different suspension components. Two models, one with platform valve shock and one without.
Old 09-24-07, 09:17 AM
ed 

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I think I'd save some up the extra $$$ and get the more expensive one.

I don't know much about X-Fusion rear shocks, but the Fox is definately proven to be nice. Nicer PIKE. The Hollowtech II crankset is a must for me. It's cool that it's trickled down as far as the Deore level. I'd like to try one out. I tried out a set of Avid Juicy 3's on an FSRXC in KC not to long ago...the "auto adjust" must be where they saved money b/c the lever bottomed out on the bar before the pads made contact with the front rotor. The rear felt okay. Defective vs. maybe just needing a bleed? I dunno.

The "Pro" is obviously going to be better than the "Comp" model, but for the extra $650 MSRP which will equal out to maybe $500 or less in the real world...the Pro appears spec'd exponentially better. Either one would be worth a ride to ck out, but I know I wouldn't be happy with the Comp.

So buy me the Pro please...thanks.